Tonya Lee Williams interview

• Members

If a soap did this today it would become a part of their move towards ethnic cleansing. Like Blair went from Asian to white, we'd say black characters turned into white people overnight. RJ, Layla,Neil,Drucilla, Lexie would all become white suddenly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC did the story in the mid 1990's. When Tom and Livia bought a house in a white neighborhood, they started getting threats. Taylor Roxbury-Cannon went undercover as a white woman and started hanging out with the white kids who were plotting to blow up Tom and Livia's house.

• Members

They did to an extent.

Mamie was perfectly fine as were Dru, Liv, Nathan, Lillie Bell, Walter Nate & Neil.

MALCOLM was the problem.

Always was & ALWAYS will be.

It wasn't just the studio getting hate mail.

The actors were getting it AT THEIR HOMES.

• Members

Bill & the audience LOVED Shemar so much that they wrote FOR him & against everyone else.

Not that Bill disliked the other actors & characters but that EVERYONE went under the bus for him.

It really was horrible. Especially since Kristoff & Heather got less story then than Kristoff & Eileen do now.

As far as society progressing? Just look at current society. We have a minority President & several out gay elected officials but almost NONE of that is reflected in television beyond the token or the stereotype.

• Members

It's pathetic. Soaps doing "the gay storyline" is something that is trumpeted with fanfare and adoration even though I can turn on Wheel of damn Fortune and see a 60 year old woman who lives "at home with my life partner Barbara and our four chocolate labs."

Those in charge really just don't get it. I doubt they ever will.

Archived