Q&A Paul Rauch of The Young and the Restless

• Members

I always associate Rauch's opera love with that GL scene where Olivia, while listening to Tosca, I believe, tried to commit suicide because she didn't have Josh. Josh saved her, and got involved with her. What a lovely message.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its the demos during sweeps that count. Y&R didn't have major increases like GH, but it held strong and GH at its best couldn't touch Y&R at its normal demos. This is why I can understand MAB, Sheffer, Hamner, and Rauch as well as CBS looking at those demos and thinking that the online fans are overreacting and are full of it. From their perspective, despite the criticism they are achieving their goal of good demos and are doing much better than all the others soaps.

• Members

I especially loved this part, Gone are the "it is really sad news what happened to guiding light" (S) as we inch closer to " let's face it that show was crap anyway when Paul Raunch left" they are really showing their incompetence and complete disgust for the genere on a whole. I'm not a Guiding Light fan and that statement is still unsettling

• Members

Not that I want to say that Paul Rauch is good at producing every soap he has been on but when he arrived at Guiding Light in 1996, the show was on the verge of cancellation by CBS. Paul was brought in to see if he could bring the soaps rating back up and to strave off cancellation. As early as 1996, Guiding Light was in the towards the end of the ratings pile and at one point or so above The City in ratings.

Yes most actors may complain about him and even soap fans for the way he does things but he may have and again I say may have saved Guiding Light for an early cancellation. In the late 1990's CBS did look a few new ideas for soaps that could have possibly replaced Guiding Light.

Archived