Q&A Paul Rauch of The Young and the Restless

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and more recently took his knowledge abroad to show to Russia and Poland how serial drama is done.

So, on behalf of the entire United States, my apologies to the people of Russia and Poland...and my sympathies.

• Members

GL fell flat YEARS before Rauch left, in part because his obvious interference and issues wreaked havoc on any attempts to change the show. He blatantly sabotaged the Labines when they took over -- I remember those interviews from cast members who were let go and would basically say, "Gee, we don't have a problem with anyone but new headwriters...Paul's great!" Even in the overhyped and somewhat overrated run with Millee Taggart, his sicko view of women took center stage, as Marah Lewis responded to her boyfriend almost raping her by stripping down to her bra and panties and daring him to finish the job.

Oh please. I am so tired of this woman being puffed up like a Pillsbury Bag Lady. She doesn't come anywhere near Harding Lemay, or even Schnessel, who at least wrote strong female characters and created one of the best characters ever in soap -- Megan Gordon.

• Members

Like the land of Tolstoy and Chekhov needs tips on how to construct a good continuing drama!

Having said that, they obviously wanted a certain production look... and Rauch is a huge opera buff which is probably the look they were going for with Bednaya Nastya. Hey, how about they substitute Y&R with Bednaya for a couple of weeks? We can do a compare & contrast.

• Members

I've seen parts of Bednaya Nastya and I can assure you it's miles ahead of Y&R. Y&R is pure garbage, while at last BN made sense. And as far as I've heard from others that watched it - it was a great novela and they would love to watch it again.

Archived