• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHOP

This was a great season opener. Last season I was disappointed by the laziness of production, so was surprised at the attempt to listen to fans. What's especially noticeable is the rehabilitation job on Gizelle -- and not Robyn. After years of not showing her life and distracting the audience by throwing dirt on others, Gizelle is showing her best self. Dating, her daughters, and tough love for Robyn, whom I really do believe she considers a friend. This is a Gizelle I've long wanted to see. (Throw Monique back into the mix, of course, and this show would be perfect).

Robyn, on the other hand, was left to dangle in the wind. That scene between her and Juan was so effing painful and fake. It made Mo & Kyle's scenes on BH look slick. At one point I thought Juan was straight up trolling her. It made me feel almost bad for Robyn, to be in such denial and have to go on WWHL to whitewash his philandering. Still, after the Patreon scandal, she kind of brought this on herself. I will say that with adversity comes Robyn's pretty good glow-up. Juan, by contrast, is letting himself go a bit.

This episode was the first time I warmed to Charrisse. I felt she was genuinely concerned for Robyn, having gone through similar herself.

RHOBH

I was expecting a break-out episode involving the Magic Mike show. I didn't get it. After a great build-up, none of the ladies delivered on the fall out. I was actually on Erika's side. Sutton was a damp squid on the fun, jealous that she didn't get picked, and she had to ruin it for everyone else. Unclassy and narcissistic.

Dorit is the only one really working so far this season, and personally I think she looks better without her glam team (which she can no longer afford, allegedly).

RHOMiami

Fantastic episode which sadly is only drawing in viewership a fraction of its lead-in, BH.

Lots of little and big drama. Marysol trying to have a SL with a Gay Brunch she refused to invite the one gay cast member to. Alexia and Todd playing nice for the cameras but Adriana is right, there is definitely trouble in paradise. 

Guerdy revealing to Adriana, Nicole and Julia that she has breast cancer was a gut punch of a scene, and one of the most emotionally involving moments I have ever seen on RH. Nicole's face said to me that she already knew, or guessed, the news. Julia was in quiet shock, already having gone through this with Martina. Everyone's reactions felt real and unexpected.

This show is Bravo's crown jewel, IMO.

RHOSLC

I'm way behind on the show and slowly catching up, but already it feels lighter and more fun without the toxic felon. Monica, despite her lack of cash and clout, is sort of shaping up to be a find.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Bethenny must have been silently seething at Denise's reaction to the Vanity Fair flop article for Bethenny's flop 'reality reckoning.'

And she didn't get the corporate ownership quite right. Vanity Fair is published by Conde Nast which is, in turn, owned by Advance Publications. Advance Publications is a major shareholder of Warner Bros. so it is the reverse of what she said: Warner Bros is partly owned by the same company that publishes Vanity Fair.  

• Members

Yes! She totally started a whole unnecessary rivalry between Nneka and Wendy. And Potomac needs to steer clear of tough topics within our community b/c Bravo does not allow them the proper resources or platform to properly address them. Just like colorism, the caste system amongst Africans is going to be grossly skimmed over instead of being done correctly and educating people. 

• Members

The article and the 'union' has been a massive flop. Don't get me wrong, there is definitely room for Bravo to improve its treatment of reality stars. That message is probably best delivered by the audience, to demand the change it thinks Bravo needs. Not by a personally aggrieved Bethenny, who fell out with Andy when he let her know she wasn't considered for the 'younger' nuRHONY. That's what really stuck in her craw -- that she may have aged out in the eyes of network execs.

This woman's ego is OOC if she honestly believed that she was single-handedly going to burn that house down. Nevermind that, while ratings are down on some shows, RH still pulls in advertisers and eyeballs, and loyal eyeballs at that.

The whole exercise also finally destroyed the myth that Bethenny is bigger than the RH franchise, that she doesn't need the RHs to succeed. This couldn't be further from the truth. Those drugstore-makeup TikToks aside, Bethenny cannot stay away from RHs. She needs it to stay relevant.

• Members

Agreed. I like Ashley and she's always doing what the producers tell her to do earns her paycheck by stirring mess up, but this was not the one to start. I was hoping Wendy and Nneka would join forces and become friends since it still feels like Wendy's on her own island.  Hopefully this misunderstanding will be cleared up early on and it won't be the new feud of the season. 

I'm wondering what will go down between The Grande Dame and Messy Mia since they're currently "repairing" their friendship, handshake and all. Methinks Mia will just start flapping her gums with garbage, lies, and gross exaggerations as always in her attempt to stay relevant, especially with 8 full-time cast members now. 

Like @Cat said, they're softening up Gizelle and I'm not mad at it. She needed to give us more, both personally and in the group. I'm glad to see a more friendly interaction between her and The Grande Dame, while side-eying her bff Robyn's mess of a life. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Gizelle had to laugh when Karen said "I don't know international, I only know domestic." Karen is so quick! And as for Mia, Karen knows she's going to flip on her, the only question is when. She's ready and anticipating it.

I felt bad for Wendy too. Ashley went below and beyond to drive a wedge between her and Nneka and it bummed me out because we now know that the two never got back from that initial lie. So even when Ashley gets called out on it, the damage to thtmat potential friendship has been done.

• Members

On SNL last week, Chloe Fineman did a Weekend Update piece as Bethenny Frankel, talking about a Housewives Union. It was cut in dress rehearsal, but the show really wants to make her happen, so I could see it being back this week. Chloe doesn't do very cutting impressions, but I imagine it would give Bethenny something to talk about.