Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

RHOC

Miss DUI Gina certainly isn't judging someone for a mistake..nah..couldn't be.

Tamra and Shannon face to face should have been held off till at least the 3rd or 4th episode.  Anticipation is what this show needs.

With that said...what Heather and Tamra don't get is both of them attacking Shannon makes the audience side with Shannon as the lesser of two evils.

Who knew Shannon of all people 'threw Tamra under the bus'...and Tamra is so bothered by her...moreso then she was by Gretchen.  #priceless

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just finished The Daddy Diaries, Andy's book in which he takes responsibility for bifurcating the RHONY cast into a legacy version and a new cast (before anyone comments, I am a big fan of his writing and I abhor any Andy-bashing).  I think he missed an opportunity, because the flaw in his pitch was that Bravo had no interest in maintaining two RHONY casts for more than one season.  And one of the best scenes in the book is the day when production simultaneously calls the cast to inform them of the new idea for the next season.

The Bravo fandom loves the breaking of the fourth wall, which has come to define how Bravo reality series differ from other productions.  So, imagine if this season of RHONY started with the OG cast hearing rumors that they were being replaced?  We could have seen The Countess leaking to Page Six and Ramona scrambling to start a podcast.  Jill Zarin begging for attention, and then screwing herself over by overestimating her relevance.  All the stories that are in Andy's book could have been played out on screen. 

Then, the new downtown cast could have emerged from the rotting corpse of the upper eastside ladies.  The eclosion of a new group of women would have felt like a breath of fresh air in comparison to the old cast clawing their way into obscurity.  Instead, I would imagine the new cast is going to ignore that a previous cast ever existed, which is a reality that I feel the audience will reject.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'm just relieved the season is over, because it was a slog. Reunion was a sh!t-show. With all the screeching over people, I couldn't make out a damn thing, and it rendered all these oh-so-important points meaningless. I really don't care who Bo Dietl is and who these other peripheral characters coming out of the woodwork on social media are. RHONJ always had these thirsty random people desperate to get on the show.

Melissa & Joe's smug triumphant gaslighting remains a turn-off to me (they clearly practiced their performance and knew what buttons to push). However, Luis is also a shady, skeevy f*ck who tries to intimidate others with threats and false 'let's put it behind us' handshakes. Teresa is completely in his power. He saw the division in this family and took an opportunity to make that worse and shore up his own position. It was in Teresa's own personal interest to let him do that because the grievance between her and the Gorgas will always be insurmountable. 

I will say that I believe Gia, who remains adamant she never told Joe that he could do better than Melissa. I think Luis is muddying the waters and leaving his stepdaughter to carry the can. Such a winner, this one.

Fuda stood his ground and that is commendable. His story is completely plausible. Still largely uninterested by his wife.

Marge and Jennifer extending olive branches was 100% the right thing for the show to move forward. However, I'm not sure Marge is widely beloved by the audience, nor is Melissa, nor even is Jennifer. While it makes sense from a personal relationship perspective for the show to continue excluding Teresa who would be spun off to her own show.... the remainder of this cast may not be enough to carry the show. I'd go as far to say that Marge and Melissa are despised. Without Teresa, it looks like they triumphed with the help of Bravo. I also don’t think Teresa wants to leave anymore. She now considers RHONJ to be her show.

RHOC

Second episode was a pretty fun watch, and really feels like a return to form. It's funny how I didn't miss Gina at her boat party. In many ways, the welcome return of Taylor Armstrong felt a more organic fit with this group. Unlike nuJenn, Taylor was comfortable and not nervous. She wasn't 'on.' I loved seeing her again.

Jenn had practiced her spiel about her adopted son (which is a nice part of her story), but Shannon cut that off -- IMO on purpose, to needle the new girl. That is always frustrating when that happens IRL but it's also funny in the context of RHOC. Petty drama here we come. I see Gina next week trying to put a wedge between Tamra and Jenn.

Shannon is self-centered and self-obsessed, but Tamra was also doing A LOT. Tamra's sweet spot has always been a grievance or perceived injustice against her that she can then use to beat the other person with.

I really enjoy Emily, and Shane too.

Still not sure how Heather ducked being Tamra's focus of ire and Shannon didn't. 

I'm waiting to see how the Downtown cast do next month, and I'm willing to give it a fighting chance. I love the potential of a new RH show. But im also an OG RHONY fan and want their second chance to go somewhere. What on earth do we call the two RHONYs if or when that happens?

As for Andy, he's the MC of the RH franchise, and I cannot see that changing anytime soon. Andy is who he is. He's said that he's a superficial social butterfly, and that is quite correct (although having Ben and Lucy may have grounded him a bit -- or at least tired him out somewhat). He's got his RH faves, for sure. He is not equipped to mediate family breakdown or difficult issues involving race, and he should no longer try to stick his oar there. I will always, selfishly, regret the implosion of his and Nene's relationship. Andy has biases, but he is also a fun ride, and there is no bigger champion of the RHs than he. This is his baby. If OG RHONY still has a second chance, I believe it is in large part due to his fondness for the cast and support behind the scenes. Same with Tamra's return to OC.

• Members

Maybe I am in the minority, but I need the Gorgas eradicated from NJ. While Luis is an odd character, I found Joe Gorga scripted and grasping at straws in order to devise this smear campaign. 

I don't believe that Luis is calling around on anyone as all their crimes and sins are out there in the public. Most of their former friends leak all their intel to the press. Especially, Marge and Melissa's ex friend. 

I highly doubt anyone is reaching out to John Fuda's ex-wife in prison. I am glad that she has not officially spoken out and said Luis has nothing to do with her now speaking out. I feel like this misplay might come back to haunt them, as season 2 of a housewife's stint is when all the skeletons come flying out the closet. John, who was clearly gassed up by Joe Gorga, is going to regret listening to the Joes. 

Frank Catania looked like a clown too trying to bring up Frankie Jr. working for Luis. Dolores did not back him at all, and Frankie Jr. revealed on this social media that him and Luis did not fall out and the stories aren't true. Also, who needs to do a smear campaign on Frank when his reputation is already mud. Sir, you lost your law license for doing unsavory sh*t. No one has to do much to make you look bad. 

I don't know why these women don't bring up Marge's lawsuits. One thing that needs to stop with this show is production protecting Marge. It is becoming painfully obvious at this point. 

Lastly, I just found it low how the Gorgas kept bringing kids (Gia/Frankie) into matters pertaining to the reunion when MeHo sat in Ireland and nearly combust when Tre mentioned Antonia. 

This show needs a massive overhaul if the upcoming season continues to veer into the darkness. 

• Members

I 100% believe the Gorgas lied about Gia. They think she's 'fair game' because she's over 18 and out of college. And she put Zio Joe firmly in his place two seasons ago. So she's the enemy now. They knew accusing Gia would make Teresa spiral, and it did. She walked off upset, and the Gorgas smiled smugly and broadly. They said that only a 'monster' would lie on their niece like that, but given the Gorgas track record of throwing multiple family members under the bus for their TV fame, this is completely on trend for them.

I also believe Frankie Jr, who with a cushy new job in a NYC brokerage, has no reason to lie about his past job experience with Luis. This is more than just politeness. He sounded like he didn't know why he'd been brought into this, and Dolores quite rightly nipped it in the bud for his sake. 

I was waiting for Marge to be exposed as much as you, but the problem is that Tre vs Gorgas has engulfed the show completely. Also Teresa is not S4 Teresa where she took on 4 women against her. Teresa is not a wordsmith, cannot lie convincingly, is easily poked and manipulated, and cannot clearly articulate the crux of her anger with her family, let alone go after Marge. This is why the reunion was a letdown for me. Teresa is unable to nail her enemies to the wall. Luis is skeevy and going to be a huge liability for her, but she won't see it until its too late, and certainly won't admit to it publicly. Because of her pride.

I personally cannot stand to look at either Marge and Melissa, and would honestly be relieved if they never graced my screen again. Melissa has always been a copycat narcissist user, and Marge is vicious and completely unlikeable. She thinks she's a hoot with the lame scripted shtick and kooky/creepy Marleny of it all, but it's all so cringe to me. She has methodically hijacked this entire show by stealth, and I'm long over it. 

However, it is clear the cast mostly backs the Gorgas, or are ready to cross to that side. I think Teresa is islanded on this show. And that this show needs a long break. Maybe RHONJ needs Melissa, Marge and Teresa to all step away. I don't know anymore. I'm tired, lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Balance is key, between light and dark, and chemistry between the cast. That is what RHONJ has lost. It is back to being scorched earth over there. With Miami and OC, there is,a feeling of the women enjoying their lives and the interaction with each other.

• Members

It needs to de-emphasize the husbands and the show needs a retooling in terms of production and editing. Id keep Teresa, Jennifer, Dolores, Margaret and give Rachel a second chance. I didnt care for her but I wouldnt say she was a complete flop and could offer more in a second season.

Fessler can return as a friend. Bravo REALLY needs to bring Laura on as a friend as well and let her be the new Kim of the show. Speaking of which I wouldnt mind if Kim D returned in some capacity. With Tre and Jac reconciling, they need to convince her to film again. They need to make a cast trip down to Vegas (or CA, bc she said she was moving there). Heck even pay Jac to return to NJ to film an episode or 2. Also bring back Danielle Staub

As far as new women, Gia Casey has been rumored for years. They should finally pull the switch on her. Id also be here for Drita from Mob Wives joining. If not full time then definitely as a friend

I was all for Danielle at first but she is too fake, rehearsed and puts on too much of a show. It was frustrating watching her talk about her brother every friggin episode yet got mad when people brought it up. She is not being truthful and it seems as if she was setting things up to have him come on the show but its a retread of Teresa/Joe so I hope they dont do it. Can her bc she simply is not authentic.

Melissa needs to be on pause. The show cant move forward if she and Teresa remain on the show and well Teresa is more valuable. If the show deemphasizes the husbands then losing Joe wont matter

So all in all this is the cast I want for next season:

• Teresa
  • Jennifer
  • Dolores
  • Margaret
  • Rachel
  • Gia Casey
  • Drita or Danielle Staub

Friends:

• Fessler
  • Laura

Guest:

• Kim D
  • Jacqueline Laurita

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I'd be up for this scenario. Kim D added a touch of humor to the proceedings. She always has a wink for the audience, cuz she knows this is petty nonsense. 

Danielle Cabral disappointed for the reasons you pointed out. But now that she knows the shark pool she is swimming in, id give her a second season, to see if she can reorient. I read somewhere that she did not intend on returning, because of family and her husband viewing the exercise as way too intense. So you may get your wish.

I'd love Drita as a FOH, or Danielle Staub!

• Members

I believe Joe and Melissa are lying about Gia. That left side was just throwing anything hoping it would stick and for all the receipts they brought, they produced nothing credible. 

Louie is weird. I am not team Louie and my lord do I want to smack him when he does his little handshake at the end of these reunions. You all just talked smack to each other for hours, cut the bullshit and forget about shaking anyone's hand who just accused you of the most vile [!@#$%^&*]. It doesn't make you look like the better person. That said, I don't believe he contacted Fuda's ex. John wanted a moment and he had it. Plain and simple. 

Joe and Melissa claim to be done with Teresa all season to the point they skip her wedding. Soon as Teresa says she's done and wants nothing to do with them, they're on WWHL saying it's not done, it's never done and on the reunion they say they love her and care about her. As if it wasn't already obvious they need Teresa for a paycheck. 

The cast needs a refresh. I honestly can't tell you what Melissa, Margaret, or Dolores' storylines were this season. Danielle and Jen's storylines were also weak. We had one therapy session with the Aydins and Danielle crying about her relationship with her brother but giving us some bs reason as to why they stopped talking. 

I know this may be unpopular, but I think Caroline should come back. I would have never said this before as I am not a fan. However, Teresa opened the door when she "apologized" to Caroline at the reunion. Also, there is so much unresolved issues between Teresa and Caroline that could be hashed out. Similarly, Caroline has a connection to Dolores and Danielle. 

It's a shame Jacqueline and Dina live so far. Not that Dina would return anyway, but to have those four back to do some healing would be great. 

• Members

After what occurred on the upcoming season of RHUGT, Caroline will never darken Bravo's door again. And thank God to that! Caroline was always a dud to me. Plus, I grew tired of her stories always being her pimping her sons' latest quick rich scheme. 

Regarding the cast, I'd keep everyone and dump Melissa. I'd given Jenn Fessler Melissa's spot. Meanwhile, I might be nice and bump Jackie up to be the 8th wife, but Laura would be the official friend of the season. Why? B/c it is time for Marge to be in the hot season one season. It is long awaited. 

RHOA:

In the word of Nene, "You riding on the wrong team." And boy is Sanya on the losing team. I don't see how anyone with a straight face can defend Marlo's antics. Sanya is well on her way to falling on the sword and being iced out. Meanwhile, Marlo and Sheree will skate by and get another season. 

I am so happy Drew, Kenya, and Kandi stood firm and dragging Marlo tonight. Marlo is a heinous beast for using her deceased nephew in some twisted story that doesn't even make sense. Pure clownery.