Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Aside from Cynthia, who was a whiny Debbie Downer, the ATL ladies have all shined on these UGTs. Even someone as forgettable as Eva was on RHOA stood out. Kenya, Phaedra, and Porsha have also been great in this context. All very perceptive and, like they said, ATL toughens you up, so the petty drama doesn’t faze them as much. (Well, aside from Kenya’s battles with Ramona on the first UGT, but Ms. Singer would drive anyone nuts.)

I’m glad there are no California ladies on this trip (even though I wound up enjoying Tamra more than I thought I would on UGT2). 

I’m also glad the fake phony facades that Gizelle and Candiace were initially showing were broken down. Those scenes of them chatting on the phone before flying to Thailand were a huge WTF. They despise each other and I’m glad they were finally real about it.

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Believe me, it was painful to even write that. Bear in mind, I'm only midway through episode 2, so haven't seen any more meaningful interactions of hers outside of episode 1 when she (rightly) called Heather out, put her on notice, but kept it breezy and moved on. I did notice her mini-tantrum at Pepsi about not giving her a 'good room' and my antenna went up. I know the self-righteous narcissist in Leah is bound to emerge with a vengeance soon.

• Members

The ATL women have been absolutely crucial additions to UGT and honestly, it's a big reason why Cynthia and Phaedra are returning to the Bravo fold this year. I have no doubt that if Bravo could get Porsha back on RHOA, they would. It is clear from her UGT VTs in episode 1 that she won't return unless Production concentrates on making her and her brand look as great as possible. And frankly, I'm not sure that should be Production (and the rest of the cast's) priority at all. It didn't work on her last season, and it didn't work on her spin-off, that's for sure.

The Gizelle-Candiace nicey-nice stuff and phone call made my head spin even if you take into account that reunion was filmed only recently and way after RHUGT. It actually made me wonder whether Candiace's anger on Reunion had all been an act? I haven't seen them really square off yet on UGT but I'm ready to!

I was thinking how glad I was that nobody from BH was on this trip. They would have been passive-aggressive wet blankets with a superiority complex IMO.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Forgot to say: I know Cynthia wasn't riveting fun on RHUGT 1 -- that show was all about Kenya’s star turn. However, on a human level, I really felt for her. She was struggling with some stuff, including being let go from RHOA, the feeling that Kenya was pulling away from their friendship precisely because she'd been dumped by Bravo, and the fact that her marriage (which she tried to paint as her blessed second chance at love) wasn't all that. I appreciate that she wasn't trying to hide her emotions behind an Everything's Perfect facade.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Quite frankly RHUGT 1 made me really not like Kenya at all.  She was age shaming, and using physical force against Ramona... which I remember thinking 'gees Kenya.. you're no better at controlling your emotions then Porsha.. maybe you should get the # of a good anger management person from Porsha'.

And in regards to Leah on RHUGT 3... I would hold off the love fest for Leah until you finish episode 3

Please register in order to view this content

According to Candiace, this trip was filmed right after season 7 wrapped when she and Gizelle were in an ok place.. which would explain why they were nice to one another on the phone call... but by the end of this trip.. they weren't in a good place again.  And she's been warning the other women not to tell Gizelle anything personal or she'll use it against them.

• Members

Thank god I’m not the only one that didn’t like Kenya on girls trip. She actually started it first with Ramona on the plane but nobody remembers that because they rightfully hate Ramona. But I remember it. And I thought she was a shitty friend to Cynthia on the trip as well.

• Members

I posted in the Huntsville thread but heads up that Sheree WILL be crossing over to that show this upcoming season. She appears in the trailer and Carlos King teased that her storyline will have her fighting with messy Tiffany

Sheree looks good! Im actually surprised that Bravo is allowing her to appear on a competing show on another network

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

@Antoyne @Soaplovers Re: Leah on UGT. I'm halfway through episode 3. And you were right. I was wrong. 

copping to it gifs | WiffleGif

She's a narcissist who thinks she's back on RHONY and can control/police people's conversations. And as Porsha rightly inferred, she is a "Look at me! Don't look at me!" attention-seeker. It's exhausting. 6 yr olds act better than this 

Super-rude to act bored while Alexia was talking. Leah kind of hit it on the head when she said Alexia is on a loop reciting her script. However, Alexia has probably had to recount her life story so often now that it has inevitably settled into repetition. Her life story is still exciting, though -- certainly more exciting than Leah's. And that's what Leah couldn't stand.

Porsha is a top-tier HW and can handle questions from Candiace about her marriage with ease. This is why Gizelle doesn't mess with Porsha and wants to be her buddy. 

Do I think the timeline on her engagement was sketchy? 100%. But I also think Porsha is super-careful about protecting 'her brand' and made sure all her ducks were lined up in a row before she publicly jumped into that relationship. Candiace tried but was unable to make Porsha squirm.

Heather is still so, so cringe to me. 

Episode 2 mentioned Mama Elsa and I got 

. She was amazing.

I liked Kenya more on RHUGT 1 than on RHOA where she seems increasingly grumpy. What I warmed to on RHUGT 1 was Kenya making friends with many of the other women. It was a new experience. But as I mentioned a day or so ago, I was 100% on Cynthia's side when she was largely abandoned by her friend who calculated that the Cynthia friendship post-RHOA was not so valuable to her. And Kenya clearly knew to target Ramona because, well, it's Ramona. I forgot about the physical force.

Thanks for the Candiace-Gizelle timeline. It's obvious that Candiace is very cautious where Gizelle is concerned but neither does she want to start an outright war. She also wasn't in a good place with Chris when the trip started, so that may have contributed to her pulling her punches.

Edited by Cat