AMC: Friday 03/19/10

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was very excited for her return before she came but not so much anymore. I was so looking forward to seeing her mix it up with Erica again and they havent even gone there. Instead its all about building up this stupid feud with Annie and provoking her.

• Members

That's very true, but I was still expecting more bang. She is basically what she was prior to leaving in 2006.... only difference is she is on everyday as wallpaper as opposed to just 2 or 3 days a month.

• Members

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there was nothing wrong with writing Brooke out of the show. True, she needed a proper exit, but the writers had exhausted all storyline possibilities with her a long, long time ago.

• Members

The end of Brooke's charater for me came in 2002 with the Maureen Gorman story. I couldnt stand her and hated her after that one. It did some damage to her character which she never really did recover from. I was ready for her to go by the time she did. The time away was probably best for her, but Im not liking the way she's being utilized

• Members

To be perfectly frank, as soon as Brooke gave birth to Jamie, I was ready for her to exit Pine Valley. Perhaps, down the road, when Jamie was an adult (say, a pre-med student at PVU), Brooke could've returned in a recurring capacity; but once she had the stability she always craved, there really was no more story to tell with her.

• Members

Well, just remember how Brooke came into Pine Valley, as Phoebe's privileged, but neglected, young niece, on the back of Benny Sago's motorcycle. Ed and Peg English were bad parents, to say the least. Of course, as years progressed, Brooke matured, found her calling as a journalist, married Tom, etc. Losing Laura like she did left a gigantic hole in Brooke's life, but having Jamie more-or-less filled it. So, in that sense, Brooke's journey as a human being felt at last complete (to me, anyway). Everything after giving birth to her son felt like desperation on the show's part to keep Brooke active and thriving on the canvas.

Archived