Must be a slow week

Cheap21

• Members

The latest tabloid headline is about Shiloh, Angelina's daughter and why she keeps dressing her as a boy. People are actually saying that Angie is trying to turn her 3 year old into a lesbian. Really? Do people have nothing better to do? I cant beleive this is their lead story and front cover material

blog040310shiloh2.jpg

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=608090&showcomments=true

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh dear God... well, first off, the kid might be going through a tomboy stage, OR she could very well be displaying some early gender identity stuff that I'm sure a "with it" mom like Angelina would support (even overly indulge :ph34r: ). But the tabs not giving a [!@#$%^&*] about this kid's future is the real point, like in five years when she's at school and some little bitches bring in the magazine that their mom had in a stack in the basement and tease her because her mom "hated having a daughter and wanted to turn her into a boy." Geesh.

• Members

That's just despicable stuff. Yes, let's shame and hurt children from as early as possible, and reinforce ugly gender stereotypes. And all this based on one photo? A lot of little girls have hair like that, and clothes. Apparently they think all little girls dress like Suri Cruise.

• Members

This happens alot with today's mothers. If their children display tendencies that are not stereotyplical "Male" or "Female" then they don't try to discourage or shame the child. I have a client whose 7 year old boy is gay, obviously. But she just goes with it, and lets him do what he wants, he rides a bike with a disney princess helmet, has a toy pink Barbie jeep, and dresses up in purple fairy Godmother costumes for Halloween. And this is what the child picks out HIMSELF. I used to wrap myself in a pink towel and pretend I was Barbara Eden, and my other DID discourage such behaviour, BUT... she also gave complete and unconditional love, and didn't make me feel strange for it. Pretty progressive for a mother in the early 70's in the rural ozarks. So this doesn't surprise me.... although on the other hand, I DO feel Angelina is cuckoo for Coco Puffs.

Archived