Getting kids to eat Veggie's

• Members

As a kid I do remember not wating to eat some of my Veggie's (still won't eat broad beans)

I remember my parents mixing up spinich and mashed potato's and calling them special green potato's.

Kids seem to be a bit smarter these days so what sort of tricks do you know that are getting used to make kids eat thier Veggie's

Could the Green Potato's still work. And you can have Orange one's by doing the same with Pumpkin (kids may think that it is sweet potato)

I have even heard people calling Cauliflower white Broccoli.

But here is one parents way.

Orange Pasta

Ingredients

3 medium carrots

3 tbs Home Brand Olive Oil

1 red onion

200g Woolworths Select Diced Italian Tomatoes (½ can)

1 small clove garlic

Fresh parsley

Home Brand Grated Tasty Cheese to serve

Method

1. Wash the carrots well, then peel them into long thin strips (a julienne peeler is perfect for this!).

2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high. Add onion and garlic and allow to soften.

3. Add carrot strips and toss them continually for a minute or until just cooked. Stir in chopped tomatoes and season if desired.

4. Remove the pan from the heat and serve with a sprinkling of tasty cheese and chopped parsley.

http://www.freshfoodmums.com.au/recipes/?class=tv

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When it comes to Broccoli and Cauliflower, many kids will eat them if you drown them in cheese. Or don't even go the vegetable route. APRICOT NECTAR. you find it in the bottled juice isle, very high in vitamin C and A, every bit as nutritious as any vegetable. Freeze them into popsicles. But always make children taste the vegetables, and make sure you cook them properly. I won't eat canned green beans. Fresh green beans from my garden, completely different thing. I like cooked carrots, but not raw ones. And of course, carrot and apple juice mixed together is VERY good for you, and most kids like it (If you strain the pulp out and water it down a bit) I was a child who liked vegetables, just not all of them. But kid's taste buds are sensitive, and sometimes, strong vegetables like onions can overwhelm them... then they begin to like them as they mature. As a child, I HATED asparagus, because my mother always boiled it and creamed it, so it fell apart and was all stringy. Once I had it steamed with just butter and salt, it became my favorite vegetable. So try different preparation methods, too.

Archived