Y&R: Week of March 1 Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember thinking that the talking chipmunk was just fluke. That it would be Roscoe Born under that Silver Chipmunk. A story with potential just poorly executed. Something all writers do sometimes. I won't deny ever that I personally thought that between May 2008 and May 2009 I thought Y&R was great, from the moment that they set-up the downfall of David Chow to the moment "Uncle Langley" made his debut. Little did I know a year ago "the flukes" of MAB/Sheffer/Hamner/Rauch would swallow up the show.

• Members

Today was allright. It seems that when Walton is on front burner in an episode, the show is just SO much better overall. I'm ready to see what the moustache is gonna do to Adam, hopefully it will be good. The Skye scene was nice, she's a good actress, she's a got plain talking realism that I enjoy... wish she wasn't dead, now. and the lighting didn't bother me ONE BIT today. you know why? I cranked my brightness adjustment on my TV from 40 bars down to FIFTEEN. It looks just FINE when I do that!! :lol: You all should try it, I highly recommend it. (Wer'e talking BRIGHTNESS adjusment, not the "picture" adjustment.) If that bastard Rauch is gonna light up this show like Wal-mart, then i'll just turn on the dimmer switch on MY END.

• Members

Jess was amazing today. This story has been so rushed and Tucker is all over the place as a character and Katherine looks like a fool, but even with Jill as plot device interrupting the Colonel Sanders/Granny Kay reunion, Jess makes it work.

Damn that Skye for being upset that she was molested by her doctor!

Even with this awful writing and staging, the actress who plays Skye is making her scenes work. She seems to find Adam as pathetic as I do.

Starfire is little Summer's favorite? I think she'd be Rauch's favorite too:

starfire.jpg

• Members

The music in this Katherine/Tucker scene is so saccharine. This is all very rushed. I just don't know why this is so fast when other stories never end.

Now we will get round 1500 of Katherine telling Jill what an awful person she is...

• Members

She was great. I thought Muhney was good too, although I hate the rewrite of her being some thing who could not compare to Sharon -- they were never a real couple, that was the whole point of their relationship. That type of relationship does not exist in Shefferworld.

The dialogue itself was so hackneyed. Just because she was a poker player does not mean she went around using poker terms everywhere she went. Although if she had wanted to talk about "dropping a deuce," that dialogue warranted it.

Archived