Agnes Nixon kept complete kinescopes of OLTL/AMC

• Members

I remember there being a blurb about how when Soap Net initially rebroadcast the old Ryan's Hope episodes, some of the earlier were lost due to the tapes being destroyed in some warehouse flood. You'd be directed to go on to Soap Net's website and read the actual breakdown of the missing episode that preceded the one they were airing.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember that too R. Following RH on SoapNet has been no dice for me. I got SN late, they've restarted it, what, three/four times now (?), the crazy scheduling, don't have SN anymore... now there's a show they need to quit playing with and just take the hulu route.

• Members

As far as I know, most of the early RH is still around. A guy who used to post here and that I used to talk to a lot is a big, big RH fan, and I don't remember him ever telling me about lost episodes or anything. But it's possible, I guess.

There's a lost DS episode, though. They made a recap of it with production stills and Lara Parker narration for the reruns and the DVD/VHS sets. And I think there's another one where the color master is lost, but a B/W kinescope is still around.

• Members

So how many RH episodes are lost in all? It doesn't seem like a lot.

I love that they showed Claire and Paul going around and looking for missing tapes. I'm glad they at least found most of them. I wish they could do that for the other soaps...or Doctor Who.

Archived