The Soapgeist 2/1/10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is the actress playing Destiny on One Life still on his top 3 young actresses to watch? I mean we know he loves her and thinks she's amazing, but questions of talent aside, she wasn't even on this week... :blink:

Does anyone else find this as supremely creepy as I do? "But back to Diamont, the sexy actor also experienced a malady on the soap cruise as well. The former Y&R star took a relatively harmless spill on his jet ski during a Key West stopover. Fortunately, Diamont only suffered minor back and shoulder pain. Don’t worry — my incomparable massage skills came in handy.

I do hope he's kidding, but why do I get the feeling he really isn't...

• Members

LOL Eric!! To funny. Wow Nelson is in his own little world, and he is in DEEP. In Nelson's delusional brain, Shenell Edmonds, AKA 'Future Erica Kane', is on OLTL everyday, giving groundbreaking performances :rolleyes: and he WISHES he gave Diamont a backrub, puh-lease lol!

I agree with you. And while I do, I still can't help but think about the possibilities of how DOOL's would have been if JER really came back...I think Marlena and John would still be on the show, most definitely. Weren't they his favorite? I would've welcomed him coming back to the show...I liked the way he wrote for DAY's.

• Members

I don't know what to make of that whole thing about JER having been preparing to come back. They parted ways with him in what sounded like a pretty ugly way in 2006, and the show was horrible for his second run -- the ratings were bad, there was no buzz after the SSK, etc. I guess we'll never know, but it seems like that would've been the worst thing for the show at that point.

• Members

Yeah Reilly coming back seems weird to me, especially so soon (then again McTavish came back to AMC after her disastrous late 90s run so weirder things have definitely heappened). And then again who would have ever thought Higley returning to the show could be a good thing (granted I still wonder just how much is due to her, but regardless...)

• Members

I remember when I read that Higley was back, and I seriously did not know what to say, because it seemed CERTAIN they'd never let her back in the building. It's weird to me she's even still there! I vaguely remember her first few months being a mess, but Tomlin's influence kind of erased a lot of that for me...

• Members

Tomlin did have the Reilly camp but his OLTL was very hollow, and ultimately descended into a very ugly mess. The pacing was not what Reilly's was at its best. DAYS' pacing now seems much stronger to me than Tomlin's storytelling ability at OLTL, although far from perfect. There was too much gimmickry for the sake of it, by the end almost everything was like this really bad cartoon you would turn off Cartoon Network at 3 in the morning. Keri/Liz baby still makes me shudder a bit.

DAYS has had so many identities over the years and has been so hollowed out with budget cuts but I think they've done a decent job with a bad situation, and been smart enough to focus on key building blocks (like Maggie and Victor) while trying to revive a few families who still had life left in them.

• Members

Yeah and the daily flashbacks (with the weird purple gauze over them). It actually felt more like Passions. And by that I mean crap.

Days seems very remote and vacant to me. It used to be very obvious that you were watching Days of Our Lives when it was on, it had a strong identity for a long time, much like Y&R. Now it's like...ATWT.

Archived