Days: HUGE SPOILER! It's official!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't either.

JERk's writing style is that he drags things out for a very long time. So we'll see a single stage of it for a very long time, then we'll get a quicky reunion to apease pissed fans. This is a story that has alot of angles to tell, so it needs to move at a relatively steady and progressive pace. Bo & Hope need to be devided, Hope needs to be sick of Bo's protection of Chelsea, they need to divorce. Hope needs to move on with someone else. Bo needs to bond with his daughter (and possibly Billie). Shawn needs to hate his father. Then they need to start coming together for the good of their remaining child, Hope's new beau wont let that happen and then they'll eventually remarr.

It'll take a good 2 years to tell it all if done right.

• Administrator

JER won't mind telling a story for 2 years or more, but fans won't let it happen. They'll start complaining and write letters to the show - "REUNITE BO AND HOPE!!" Corday will then panic and make JER rewrite his story.

I cannot wait to see this Zach story! KA and PR will be amazing.

• Members

Alot of the Bo/Hope fans are very upset about this.

Honestly, though... why? People on another board asked me why I was so excited, as if I was crazy. Say... what...? This will give Kristian and Peter AWESOME material! It'll thrust them back to the frontburner, finally (finally!).

Yes, it's sad that a child is dying. But this is what soaps are all about! Happiness, lovey dovey kissing and smooching, you can't have that all day every day. We need some drama, some tears! And for once, a death that actually has IMPACT.

Kristian is ALREADY getting Emmy buzz, and the stuff hasn't even aired yet! I cannot wait. I can't wait to see Kristian come alive again! This was the stuff that Ali Sweeney blogged about, talking about how amazing Peter and Kristian were on the tapes she was watching.

• Members

So true Toups-that is the problem and always will be with Days and what I worry will happen to this story. I just wish people were more open-minded like they were in the 90's and would let JER and the writers write. I think that is why so many Days stories flounder or end up being bad because of the fear of fans tuning out or backlash. The good news is I have read alot of postive feedback already about how excited people are for this story. Of course, there was alot of negative comments too but alot mroe postive from what I read. We all know Bope will break up over this as they should but alot of people after awhile will complain and Corday will push for a rewrite and the story will suck at the end. Then we are back to square one. However, I feel like Days is in this story for the long haul since they want an Emmy and all and think they are gonna be quite ballsy and are gonna push this story for what its worth. I don't think they will mess this up-just a feeling.

• Members

The way Days has been recently and the way the article describes the upcoming death of Zack has me eating my words about JER not being able to write serious stories. Don't expect me to be a complete JER fan, but Days has been quite good lately and not in the usual JER fashion, but in a traditional soap kind of way. I'm intregued about Zack's impending death and the impact it will have on Bo and Hope. Foronce I hope JER will pull it off, it seems to me to have great potential.

• Members

Yeah Kenny-I have seen alot of that but I have seen alot of positives too as I said. People need to understand, especially Days fans, that happiness is boring. Without conflict and sometimes tragedy, there is no show or story. Sometimes I don't understand what people want from Days. You just can't have adventure stories or financial and corporate stories. They go nowhere and are boring. Honestly, some of these Days fans need to re-evaluate how they watch the show or something because what some fans want would mean cancellation right now. Every show has to do this because happiness doesn't do anything. This will be the biggest test to Bope ever and I am so glad that the majority of this board and some other boards are exctied about this and willing to give it a chance. My props to all of you for doing that and not being like those rabid "I want happiness" fans that cause Days to constantly change and rewrite stories-that shows you are all open minded and know what a show needs to do to survive and thrive.

• Members

I'm telling you, JER has tons of potential. Yes, he can write whacky, crazy things. But he can also write wrenching, heartbreaking stuff, as well. And mixing the two, it makes a perfect soap for me.

It's when JER is ALL whacky, ALL idiocy, and ALL halfassed that I loathe him.

And so continues my love/hate relationship with JER...

• Members

Agreed-he is not writing like JER used too. I think Corday is in on this too. This seems to me like a collaborative effort by Days to change the way people think of them as a show. Its almost like a statement to everyone that we are going for it all-respect, ratings, emmys, quality-everything. My props to them if they pull this off-as it looks like they will based on what we know. I am hoping they do this right and show everyone that Days is back to a drama-not a campfest or parody. It will always have its share of camp but the drama must be plentiful and this story can show the world that Days is entering a different era. Maybe JER is trying to prove to everyone he isn't a hack? :lol: Who knows but the potential and impact on the future is endless. I am really excited about Days's direction and I knew since summer the show was building to some big explosion that would make it catch fire with viewers again. This may be it. This will be interesting to watch and to see how the ratings and everything else I mentioned will be effected.

• Members

The more I think about all of what you guys have said, the more I am getting excited for this story.

I have been watching DAYS and enjoying it, but I haven't been emotionally into the stories and I think this is the story that will do that for me personally.

BOPE is one of my all-time fave couples and its high time they returned to the front-burner, Alfonso and Reckell are SORELY underrated and I really think this is the story to show people what they really got (not that we haven't seen homerun work from them before).

As for the BOPE fans, I think they should hang in there. Would they rather have Bo and Hope on the backburner showing up in 1 episode a week saying how much they are lucky and how much they love each other......that is BORING! Come on we need some spice, we need some emotions and we need some DAMN conflict and drama, and I am glad DAYS is finally doing something with them.

Bo and Hope are very popular and DAYS did well in the ratings when they were on the front-burner, I think having BOPE be a focal point again on the show will only result in good things.

Archived