Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

With the mention earlier of the 30th anniversary of Maureen Bauer's death episode, it reminded me that there are two GL real life death anniversaries this year. May 2 will be 15 years since we lost Beverlee McKinsey and December 6 will be 25 years since we lost Michael Zaslow.

I recently came across this 2018 article where some GL cast members shared their memories of Michael on the 20th anniversary of his death.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

@Tonksadora You're welcome.

In that article Maureen Garrett mentions 20 years working together, so she must be counting from her first episode in 1976 to MZ last episode in 1997. Sadly so little of their 1976-1980 storylines are out there.

It's too bad Ellen Parker wasn't interviewed in that article. I wonder if she has ever commented on the Roger/Maureen dynamic.

• Members

I finally found it! And, wouldn't you know it? It's not as great as I recalled it. I hate when that happens. Anyway I found a notation in a file of videos

LW & CW on GL 1990s

So, I was way off the mark. 

Here it is if you have any interest in seeing it. 

https://twitter.com/iluvanitabaker/status/1522923846302580736

Oh, I would LOVE to hear Ellen Parker speak about Zas!! It's wonderful hearing Maureen Garrett. And, I am very cognizant that we sorta all owe a debt of gratitude to Robin Strasser & to Brynn Thayer because when GL turned MZ down & he sued & got whatever out of it, his next stop was OLTL. And, apparently those two actresses both stepped up to run interference(?) or do some supportive talking & had good results as we all know. Watching him play David Rinaldl for that brief time was so uplifting. 

• Members

The reason that I thought I was looking in a good place was because Reva had just found her long-lost sister, Cassie, and they had just gotten custody of Tammy back from Annie & Alan, so it seemed like a good spot for animosity. And, I made a typo in the date. It was Thanksgiving time period 1997 not 1977. 

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

After GL was over he made it pretty clear he'd only stayed that long because that way the family would have steady income and Margaret Colin could do more of the projects she wanted...and he also said he'd delayed back surgery for years because of his GL schedule. After all that he definitely did look better than I had expected in the interview, considering almost 15 years have passed (that makes me feel so old...).