Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carl,

Those are the episodes that are still up on YT - the ones that were on on the Soap Classics set! Its the recent ones that everyone's been chatting about from late 1981 and mid 1982 that are now gone.

It's disappointing, regardless. I could understand if they were officially out (or had been out) on DVD, but they were clearly not of broadcast quality, and certainly wouldn't harm any current campaign that P&G are touting for the classic soaps...

...oh, wait - they don't HAVE one! Like Nothin'ButAttitude pointed out above, if they would just release them officially, fans wouldn't be taking this into their own hands.

• Members

They uploaded some Y&R material, along with Peyton Place (a lot of Peyton Place), so that may be it.

I've talked to them some a little and they were always friendly, no ego like many on YT. It sucks that this happened to them.

I'm glad I saved their GL stuff. I wish I'd saved the Peyton Place...I never even got around to watching it.

• Members

I've done so as well and you're absolutely right. I wish I had their email or something just to keep in touch and talk some more about the early '80s.

I'm friendly with some of the other uploaded (not terribly much so) and you're right about CG's lack of ego. I appreciate how much they like talking about the show as well as upload it.

Damn, this sucks!! 😡