AMC/OLTL: Agnes Nixon launces website

• Members

There's alot of love on this website, and quite alot of her personal process put into it. So many artist these days are publishing scrapbook work and not their final products...

navigating through her website, I could imagine an Agnes Nixon narrated AMC doing much better than it does today.

I'm an ex-OLTL fan so I naturally went looking for that work, and I personally think there is more to come.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I echo your sentiments about not being able to rave enough!

I think that must be the original opening since its on the kinescopes.

I've only watched the 1st lost episode so far and I'm impressed with how technologically advanced AMC was back then utilizing split screens and as someone else mentioned Amy's creepy nightmare.

I have to ask Agnes what she thinks of the current state of her baby!

• Members

For the record, that was indeed the original opening, my mom was at home with my newborn brother when AMC debuted. Plus I remember them talking about it on A Daytime to Remember, they were saying how it's a mystery/been long forgotten whose hand that was.

Rosemary Prinz was bigger than Susan Lucci in her day and she headlined AMC as a favor to Agnes Nixon (Prinz's daytime celebrity was to be a huge draw to the show), she never intended to stay with the show long.

Maybe it's their beauty marks, but Prinz always makes me think of Robin Strasser. They did a TV movie together back in the day, she'd be fun in a guest role as Dorian's maternal aunt.

• Members

I thought it was...I knew the original opening had Rosemary Prinz listed as a 'special guest star' and everything, but what threw me off is some of the flower designs around the words 'All My Children' looked a little different.

It is so great to see what some of the current soaps were like around the time they first came onto the air. I only wish they would show a couple of OLTL's episodes as well (if she still has any of them like she does AMC).

And wasn't it Nixon's hand that opened the book?

Archived