All shows:If you could bring back one character

• Members

He left years ago when TIIC wanted to put him on recurring. I don't blame him, he was one of few actors who could really earn more money elsewhere. I just don't think anyone else could or should EVER take over that role.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a shame Larry wouldnt come back.

PJ, you forget the TPTB dont know that Andy and Paul are friends from childhoood. We were given the insane backstory that Paul and Dusty were best of buds. A hard pill to swallow. Saying all that I'd love to see Andy back.

You and your Tom Wiggin love....I could do without Kirk....lol...sorry PJ...I found his character rather one note and just plain bore.

• Members

My only problem with Dru returning is that it would be another 'back from the dead 'story which has been done to death.

Bill Bell never did that story.He was careful about who he killed off and usually just wrote out the character.

Thinking back to his Y&R stint,he killed off Jennifer Brooks,Bill Foster,Phillip Chancellor,Pierre,Vanessa Prentiss and Phillip 3rd.These were older characters whose deaths drove or opened up story.I know I'm missing some but my point is the rest of his deaths were minor characters,villians etc

• Members

AMC: Bianca (ER only), Brooke (JB only)

OLTL: Andrew [great call, Carl]

GH: Lucky (JJ only), Brenda (VM only), Georgie, Dylan

DAYS: Patch, Kayla

ATWT: Lily (Martha Byrne)

B&B: Amber Moore, Ashley Abbott

Y&R: Dru (VR), Adam (CE), Victoria (HT)

• Members

It was Lucy Johnson who got rid of Scott D. She thought he wasn't hunky enough. The problem with that is he was a damn good actor and could act circles around Silbermann and Hansis.

Goutman could still bring him back but hasnt done squat to do so.

I think both Andy and Paul were troubled teens for different reasons. Marland knew how to right their sorrows..disappointment and ultimate friendship. It was great writing not seen in daytime anymore.

Sorry James but I never liked Tom Wiggin as Kirk. He got even worse when he got paired with Samantha. I wasnt sad to see him go....lol. The Kirk character did zero for me. I am glad you liked him though.

• Members

Absolutely. Julia Barr was a big part of why I started watching AMC. Losing Brooke was a colossal mistake!

Here's who I'd like to see back:

AMC- Julia Barr (Brooke)/Marcy Walker (Liza)

ATWT- Mark Collier (Mike)/Alison Rice-Taylor (Connor)

DAYS- Deidre Hall (Marlena)/Susan Hayes (Julie)

Y&R- Heather Tom (Victoria)/Victoria Rowell (Drucilla)/Don Diamont (Brad)

• Members

I have to respectfully disagree and agree on some of your post.

Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) could NOT ever be replaced just like Jess Walton who was a recast and made the role her own and won many Emmy's for it and I could not ever see Brenda Dickson back in the role.

The only people I see not replaceable to me is-Jess Walton, Peter Bergman, Michelle Stafford, Eric Braeden, Jerry Douglas, Don Diamont, Eileen Davidson, Victoria Rowell, Jeanne Cooper, Kristoff St. John and Doug Davidson and a few more Veterans.

In the early days of Jill and Jack yes, because they are both successful recasts from Brenda Dickson and a few others, Terry Lester, MTS is also a recast and even Sharon Case is not the original Sharon.

I do NOT see Heather Tom as Victoria, and besides she has role that is ACTIVE as Katie Logan on B&B.

I have seen whatever little I have watched to catch a glimpse of Don Diamont because he was favorite of mine as well, I do not think Heather Tom has Chemistry with any of her male pairings, in my opinion anyway and she still looks like a little girl to me.

That's just me though and I do not miss her in fact when she left which she left TPTB high and dry, which was not professional at all.

I do however miss Brad as Don Diamont he could NOT ever be replaced but many other's can just by looking at the history of how many people are not the original's of the role. Better casting Yes, but nobody except the current Veterans to me are NOT replacable.

In my opinion anyway, no disrespect meant.

I do get what you mean though with Heather Tom even thought I do not want her back on the show or see her as Victoria or irreplacable. She would just make me fast forward all her scenes. I found her to be quite whiney and just not likable to me. If she was that great they would have not let her go like they did 2 times.

I had the same feelings with Lyndsy Fonseca (Colleen Carlton) who was just Golden in her role as Colleen, sweet and just a young lady all around and I miss her very much in the role.

Archived