GL Actor to OLTL?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He can't be any older than Nathan Fillion. *

Cosgrove is dull as the generic leading man, but OLTL already has enough douchebags propped up as heroes (Todd, John, Rex). I'm not sure where Joey will fit in.

If they are bringing Joey back then can they please write out one of Todd/John/Rex? And please not try to make Joey into a Kevin clone?

* Apparently he's only about a year younger than Fillion. Not much difference.

• Members

Cosgrove is 39, a year older than Fillion. Speaking of NF, I think even he is too old to play Joey now. He got away with it the first time because he looked younger than his actual age. Joey IMO should be no older 35.

• Members

You're right, I got the birthdates for them mixed up.

DC is only in his late 30s so that's not too far off from 35. This does screw up some of the ages, since Todd will now be the same age as Joey, but I'm not sure if it matters that much, especially since I doubt we will be seeing Kevin again for a long time. And with OLTL's Joey track record, Cosgrove will probably only be around for a year or so anyway.

I don't even think there is a point in bringing Kevin or Joey back as long as they have their current leading men. They need to get rid of some of them first. They also have plenty of backups who are interesting in their own right, like Jared, Brody, Sky. I hate to see them pushed off while John/Todd/Rex stay around.

• Members

He probably has a mortgage. And doesn't he have 4 kids? Seems like incentive enough.

I want Joey and Kevin back and I want them to stick. Handing this show over to Todd, John and Rex is the biggest mistakes they've ever made. I hate all three of them with a passion.

• Members

I don't think Frons would ever let them pair Dorian with Cosgrove. He's going to be saved for one of the younger women. If Gina Tognoni joins OLTL, probably her.

If only they would use this opportunity to finally get rid of one of the three albatrosses in John/Todd/Rex. I think they believe this trio are their big money and it just drives me crazy/ier.

• Members

AMC's current Scott sucks, Daniel Cosgrove is available, so of course the Frons thing to do is to pursue him for OLTL.

I didn't think Cosgrove's Scott was amazing or anything but he would be a step up from the current Scott and it would allow the show to use actual flashbacks of Stuart and Scott.

• Members

I would love, love, love to have Cosgrove on AMC as retrorecast of Scott Chandler. The current one is just awful.

I really like him on GL. Cosgrove's best with humor and has a nice boy-next-door, good guy, romantic appeal, imo. All ABC soaps could use a shot of good guy appeal.

If I can't see him on AMC, I think OLTL as a Buchanan seems like a nice fit.

• Members

I like DC as Joey, he seems the closest to NF (who btw really seemed to age in a short span of years). I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't care for Jeffcoat and ?? (he's a twin from Passions, "Father Joey"). NF created something wonderful with Joey, he seemed like a real person, like a real sibling who had an unique place in a large family. I've read Erika Slezak say in an interview that she wishes they'd bring Joey back because he's a much needed presences on the canvas, a sensitive, kind-hearted person who isn't all pop and flash like every other male character they bring on the show.

Archived