Y&R: Engen's Exit...

• Members

After seeing how this Rafe/Adam thing plays out... I can see Engen not doing the kiss, not out of homophobia but out of disagreeing with using someone's sexual preference to exploit them. Maybe he just blew up over Adam going THAT far. He's been a neverending trainwreck.

That makes him a little less of the bad guy.

I thought about this. It has very little to do with a "gay" storyline and more to do with how the gay part actually comes about.

the idea of pretending to be in love with someone to conceal something or distract them is not a terrible story idea or beyond the limits of human ruthlessness of soaps per se, and it's happened ten thousand times among heterosexual characters... but for Engen maybe it was too much, and I agree.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But is it Karma? The speculation was that he walked off the set because of the gay kiss and it never happened. Maybe it will further down the road, but if not, it seems to me that pretty much eliminates the gay kiss as the reason he made his decision and all the accusations that resulted based on that faulty information were a rush to judgement. Now Patricia Mauceri is being shredded in much the same way. And I just don't believe we have the full story.

• Members

At the end of the day, the backstage stuff should not matter in our appreciation of the show on the screen. CE left. It sucks, IMO, cause I loved him on the show but hey, that's life. MM is a talented guy. It will take me some time to get used to him but I hope I will learn to enjoy his work since most of the show is quite boring outside of Adam, Mary Jane and the Chancellor stuff.

Archived