Y&R: Episodes discussion., Week of June 29,2009

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill was a businesswoman for over 25 years, and was seen as a valuable player. The idea that we're supposed to believe she only had any success because of Katherine, and that Victor would say this, is ridiculous. I think there's a basic lack of respect in the writing for Jill and Nikki and neither are seen as their own person. I know this isn't new for Jill but it's gotten worse with this regime, and I think it was very sudden and depressing for Nikki, all that time spent on her being told a zillion times that she was a murderer, and instead of having any self-respect or fighting back, she just descended into booze and rolling around on the beach.

That's why I wasn't that surprised when they were two of the first to be pushed into taking a loss on contract negotiations.

• Members

No, Kitty wasn't mentioned as a problem. I saw her at the end of the clip rhythmchyc posted in spoiler tags, and I wondered if Kitty was just dead, and I didn't assume Patty took her to a taxidermist.

Hey, I make no bones about my pessimistic outlook of the world. The only thing I need optimism about in reagrds to this show is keeping the faith alive that Cane will in fact die painfully one day. :)

• Members

I still dont think Jill would be caught dead working at a nail saloon. Howw much do they even pay? Definetly not enough for her to sustain her lifestyle and with it paying so low, why would she even bother wasting her time? Plus she would die of embarassment if someone recognized her and that alone would keep her from there.

This is why I hated the Jill is not Katherine's twist. After all the bonding they've done over the past few years and how she genuinley came to love and accept Katherine as her mother, she finds out they arent blood related so she'd rather work at a nail saloon than continue living as Katherine's daughter complete wtih all the benefits that the Chancellor fortune provides? Um whatever.

Taxidermy

Archived