Another World

• Members

So the hostage story was a strike story right? Who was writing during the strike?

The story just seems to have the same loop of trying to escape and they don't...even after multiple people are shot they don't escape. The episode where Mac is shot is kind of hilarious as that and Jamie shooting Ed O'Neill are in cheesy slo-mo.

I also wonder if someone was looking for a reason to have Richard Bekins half-dressed for weeks on end. Then they started stripping Chris Rich too. I'm surprised Doug Watson was left out. :lol:

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The early 80s were just a horrible time for AW, but Bekins always bought it.

Carl, I recall a fair number of bare-chested Doug Watson scenes ... it was always surprising to see, given his, um, maturity.

Thanks for posting that cover of Afternoon TV, Paul Raven. That's the first soap mag I ever bought -- I loved everything about that location shoot.

• Members

Yeah I remember the publicity photo of Mac/Rachel from the early or mid 80's and Doug was shirtless. He looked great, especially for his age. That's why I joked about him keeping his shirt on here.

Do you know if they ever tried to bring Bekins back and he wasn't interested, or if they never did? I haven't seen a lot of the 84-85 Jamie (he seems OK, just kind of pretty boy), but I thought Lau and Todd were not exactly great in the part - Lau got better but was never believable enough, and Todd was just a little too overly earnest.

I also wonder why they had him go back to being Jamie.

So was this right before Joey left the show? Was Rose already gone by this time?

• Members

Earlier in this thread -- at least I think it was in this thread -- I referred to a scene in which Rachel and Sharlene were arguing, and Rachel told Sharlene "I came from nothing!". I finally found the clip. I just loved how they were mining history to set the Corys (the haves) against the Frames (the have-nots). And, of course, I'm a sucker for any sequence in which Vicky Wyndham gets her dander up and flashes those eyes.

• Members

I liked Stephen Yates as Jamie, he had good chemistry with everyone imo. I loved him when Jamie and Stacey (Terry Davis) were falling in love. They had wonderful chem and I remember them dancing to "Tonight I Celebrate My Love." With Nicole Love and Mark Singleton as interlopers a good love story was on the horizon and then dropped. I also liked Jamie and MJ and then they were dropped as well :wacko:

• Members

^^teplin, that is a great scene, thanks for sharing, I love it for all the reasons you do. I love the way she keeps referring to them as, "You people!" 2 things... I wonder if VW is looking at cue cards around 0:55/1:00, and if she wears contacts.

• Members

Lemay gave Vicky Wyndham some ferocious material in his brief time back, with the war with the Frames and her cold fury at Liz after Liz let it slip to Matthew about how he was conceived. Sadly I don't believe those scenes are online.

I don't think Swajeski ever really knew the character, although she did at least try, unlike certain later writers or producers.

I had forgotten that Jamie was living with the Frames at that time. That was the only time Jamie's Frame side was ever really utilized, even though it was kind of obvious, you know, considering his last name was Frame and everything.

Josie MOST POINTLESS CHARACTER EVER.

• Members

Summary of SOD synopsis Jan 79

Olive remembers that while drunk,she told Scott that she was only testifying against Pat to get back at dan for not marrying her.Brian and Scott ell her that she will be put on the stand and that Scott and Dan will testify against her.

Liz is also upset as the DA says he will call her to testify for the prosecution .

Karen asks to be removed from the case as she believes Pat is innocent. This pleases Mike,who is attracted to Karen.

Clarice and Charlie are at odds as he disapproves of her seeing Larry while still married to Burt.Clarice says that without Larry,she would not have survived Burt's desertion.

Now that he is free of Susan,Dan can now marry Alice.

Pat is set to go to trial and is worried about Mike's plans to destroy Marianne's credibility by focusing on unsavory aspects of her past.

Sylvie has agreed to help Iris to style Blaine.

On the witness stand, Olive retracts her statement after Brian tells her she may face perjury charges.Olive's attempts to blackmail dan into marriage by testifying against Pat have backfired.Brian said he would bring up her affair with Evan,her plan to lie to Dan that she was pregnant and her drunken admision to Scott. The DA is furious about Olive's change of heart.

Iris tells Louise she is concerned that a young woman like Blaine could easily turn Mac's head. Louise isn't thrilled with Iris' insinuations.

DA Albini is painstaking in jury selection as he is concerned that women jurors may side with Pat when her own daughter testifies against her.

Willis is distraught about Gwen's disappearing act and Angie waits in the wings,hoping Willis will turn to her.

Blaine is interested to discover she and Janice share a mutual dislike of Rachel.Janice tells her of Rachel's schemes to trap Steve.Blaine is sure Jamie is unaware of his mother's past and plants the seeds by mentioning the matter. Jamie then questions Rachel who admits her past is something she is not proud of.Jamie is hurt and confused when Rachel says her dislike of Blaine stems from the fact that she reminds Rachel of her earlier self.

Rachel knows Blaine was behind this and demands Buzz move on breaking up Blaine and Jamie. Buzz says Dennis is suspicious,but Rachel says she wants results.

Olive takes the stand but refuses to testify. DA Albini holds her in contempt but says those charges will be dropped if she testifies. Olive is caught between two difficult choices.

Marianne is unable to testify,which the defense hopes signifies a change of heart on her part.

Clarice agrees to marry Larry and asks Scott to contact Burt,who heads back from Japan and says that his relationship with the other woman is over and he wants to reconcile with Clarice.

Dan testifies for Pat and says Pat planned to break up Marianne and Greg because she felt Greg was not honest in his feelings for her daughter,which was proved when Pat refused Greg's advances.Pat pretended to go along with Greg to show Marianne what sort of man he was,but Marianne blamed Pat and believed Greg's lies.

Mac testifies to Pat's character and relates that Pat said she detested Greg. No amount of leading questions can get Mac to admit any misgivings about Pat and Grag.

Marianne does testify and states her mother was jealous of her and Greg and killed him.Jim has disowned her and says even if Pat is acquitted he cannot see her again.

Susan testifies that she was present when Pat told Greg she was leading him on and his threats to make Pat pay.

Blaine confesses to Iris she made a mistake in marrying Jamie. Iris will use this to make Mac and Rachel miserable.

Jamie is sensing all is not right with his marriage.

• Members

John was still alive and in a synopsis from another source from the same time period I have,he is mentioned working on the trial and trying to talk sense into Marianne.

Also Elena is mentioned and other details so interestingly, the SOD synopses don't detail everything that occurred.

• Members

Ah yes, I do remember reading that once before. I guess it was just her line of vision. She has such large intense eyes and the way she blinks sometimes reminds me of a contact wearer, or maybe its just her lashes.