Y&R: Bring back Chene Lawson as Yolanda

• Members

So then they could definitely bring her back as the same doctor. I'd just find it weird if they brought her on as a new person, no matter how small a role she had before. That's like Sarah Brown and Natalia Livingston on GH.

I agree. I'd love it if they brought back Nate. In fact, I'd love it if someone from Darfur, a Black (not necessarily Sudanese or African) doctor, came to Genoa City to visit Mac and they started something. Or, if said doctor visiting Mac just so happened to be Nate, who shared deep feelings for her but couldn't explore it because of their overwhelming duties. How does she not have a deep connection with any of those people?

Of course, only if these characters were done well. But I'd take a hunky doctor Nate over Devon and a socially conscious beautiful/hunky Black peace corp member over Lily any day.

Maybe it's time the Winters are written off like the Fosters were back in the day. Have Lily be the sole rep and recast her to be the reincarnation of Dru.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the writers. But they don't know how to convincingly write Black characters because they're hindered by something and/or they're apathetic. I truly don't believe they can't write for them. They're writers, dammit. You're gonna bring someone several people back from the dead with some sort of logic but you can't make Tyra believable? Gimme a break!

• Members

I'm not a southerner and I don't understand this logic at all. Will southerners refuse to believe that Black people can be doctors cause they're "racist" and "ignorant"? Would TPTB care enough like it's 1968?

I mean, we all know Black people can't be represented well enough but I don't think it's due to one focus group.

Archived