Your Soaps Supercouple?

• Members

TOTALLY! Roger and Holly were the rarest of gems - a couple that was romantically linked, and that connection was always kept alive in numerous way, and yet always in a way that never made the audience want to see them back together again (in love as a couple, I mean). I'm hard-pressed to think of another couple on daytime like that.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SoapsWEB (my site) counted down the Top 300 Couples on Soaps of All Time last year. We had people from 5 or 6 different boards that participated. Our Top 10 were:

1) Bo & Hope (Days)

2) Doug & Julie (Days)

3) Mac & Rachel (AW)

4) Luke & Laura (GH)

5) Mason & Julia (SB)

6) Cruz & Eden (SB)

7) Steve & Alice (AW)

8) Holden & Lily (ATWT)

9) Adam & Nicole (EON)

10) Greg & Jenny (AMC)

You can check out the full lists at http://s15.zetaboards.com/SoapsWeb/forum/3003227/

There are separate posts for each section with photos of the couples if I could find them.

Be watching because at some point this year we are going to run a Top 100 Triangles Competition and see how that goes.

By the way I hate the term supercouples too. And I hate the supercouple writer phenomenon that took over soaps. Part of that was that people were fated to be together forever. Bullshit. If it happens - it happens. But sometimes people just grow apart.

• Members

What's even rarer is that these were two fascinating and complex characters, not simply a complex couple. Roger was arguably one of the most fascinating, complex, and unpredictable villians ever on daytime. Holly (post 1988) was a wonderfully strong, yet incredibly neurotic woman. I don't think we'll ever see another couple like them.

Archived