Interview with Nancy Curlee

• Members

It's so common for me to build up images of people I admire in my head and think they'd say and be something completely different in interviews, when they're not. I can read this little interview over and over again and agree with everything she said. I can't speak enough about Nancy's brilliance as a writer from the work I saw her accomplish on GL in the early 90's.

Frankly, we were lucky to have someone like her who loved GL and respected what is was. There's not enough Nancy Curlee's in daytime anymore, which is a sad, sad thing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We should all be thankful that we got watch so many excellent writers work when they were still allowed to write these shows without network interference. Quinn Redeker (Rex Sterling Y&R) who was one of the screenwriters for The Deer Hunter, always said that daytime was a "writers medium". Wish that was still the case.

• Members

Very good interview with an excellent woman. As others have stated, she truly cared about Guiding Light and the medium as a whole. I love her sheer honesty, especially regarding the state of the industry today. I never saw any of her Guiding Light, but it sounds as if she was the last great head writer this show had.

Great job French Fan!

Archived