Y&R: Week of February 16, 2009

• Members

It would be funny, and it definitely wouldn't be the craziest thing soaps have done. However, it happened and there's no way around it.

On Y&R characters don't show up alive after being dead as many times as on other soaps.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the viewers would just complain about it. It took a long time for many to accept him as Jack's conscience, it would just be too weird if he was Billy's too.

He did appear to all the Abbotts a few months ago, but that was merely each of them imagining a conversation with him.

• Members

While some people might have been motivated by racism, not everyone who hated that pairing is racist. I could not understand the pairing because Victoria and Neil were total opposites. She at the time was portrayed as a strong, forceful, up and coming business woman who could be a real bitch, while Neil has always been the type who believes that a woman's place is at home with a ball and chain pumping out the babies. I will never forget how he always put down Dru's choice of a modeling career because it wasn't a noble profession like being a Doctor. Why would he have any more respect for a woman who developed cosmetics for a living?

Unfortunately they didn't go beyond friendship but Victoria and Malcolm were hot as were Malcolm and Phyllis. He was a much more easy going guy and didn't judge people like Neil does. Had they persued either of those pairngs, I doubt there would have been the same kind of backlash as they had for Vicky and Neil. I really think they should re-cast the role of Malcolm, maybe with Mykel Shannon Jenkins who was on B&B for a short while as Charlie Baker and is only one year older than Shemar.

• Members

I'm actually fine with it. Ghosts/conscience voices aren't Y&R at all. It was a means to rectify one of the most stupendous decisions ever but what's done is done. On any other show this would be different but not in Genoa City.

Jerry Douglas is also of an age there it could backfire when they'd pull a retcon and not too long after his health fails etc.

John is dead and we should remember him as the great character he was.

Totally different topic and heading for shallowness: What's the verdict on Adam's beard? B)

• Members

Yes, that is my concern. It happened and there isn't actually a need to fix this. Meanwhile, there is a death that should be fixed---Drucilla. Can you imagine ANYTHING else that could fix the Winters storyline? It's a one big wreck without Dru.

Don't know about the beard, but in those few minutes he did amazing. I hope they're planning to release him soon.

• Members

Although I agree that they should bring back Dru, I don't find the Winters story as bad as everybody else. I'm still a happy camper due to Liv's return (although she's just a sidekick) and I like Tyra; Karen however is ultra-boring unless she goes b*tch-crazy verrrrry soon. Must admit though, that for me the Winters' have always been supporting characters more than 50% of the year: Neil was to Vic, what Liv is to Ash.

Malcolm (although he had some clunker storylines; CALLIE *cough*) and Dru were always the firecrackers and made the Winters' appealing, even though Tonya Lee Williams and Kristoff St. John are probably the more subtle and crafty actors than hose two.

I could actually dig BadZoe's suggestion for a new Malcolm in for Mykel Shannon Jenkins. Not due to his B&B repertoire but rather his Ugly Betty guest stint as the faux-gay designer and Amanda's lover. Love me some Mandy but now I'm going way off topic... :lol:

• Members

Oh I just had a Milkshake flashback..... Amanda :wub:

Karen is boring to me too, but like the rest, I prefer her to Tyra. LML didn't try to bring much character in Karen (actually anyone), and even these writers wanted her out, but decided to keep her for the "amazing" Tyra storyline. That was 8 months ago. Not much has happened since then.

• Members

I wondered who he played, too bad it was only for two episodes. Mandy and Willie are my faves on Ugly because I love a good bitch!

Maybe he could come on with Vivica A Fox who I saw last night on Law and Order CI. She pulled him out of the river and brought him back to health.

• Members
I agree with the poster that said Luckinbill needs a STRONG actress to play opposite him. Tammin and Luckinbill would be just another snooze fest although, you are correct in the fact that the Colleen/JT hookup had a rather large fan base, myself included. Even with Leon in the role (I still remember their HOT shower scene) although, I do admit that Luckinbill hasn't had that magical chemistry since Fonseca.

Yes to Adam's beard!!!!!

Malcolm (SM) was hot with anyone. Hell, he would be hot with the chunky blonde on Criminal Minds.

• Members

Umm they shouldn't even bother bringing up Malcolm unless it's Shemar Moore. I don't care what they say or do Shemar will always be Malcolm!

Just like VR will ALWAYS be Dru and for them to even attempt to replace her would be pure stupidity.

Yes to Adam's beard as well.

I was a huge fan of JT & Colleen back in the day (With LF in the role) but nowadays I just don't find JT to have chemistry with anyone....

It's kinda weird really. Even with Victoria I just don't sense any passion to their marriage. It's almost as bad as Jack and Sharon were. Maybe JT and Heather...? I dunno but I get gay vibes from JT. I know in real life he's married to AH but for some reason TL is just failing at displaying any real emotion in this relationship he has onscreen with his real wife! Just beats the hell out of me why that is....

Drunk Sharon is AMAZING! Loved her scenes on Friday. I hated how she broke down though in front of Nick. I thought that was a bit much. Especially since just a few moments later she went into RAGE mode and basically told him to f off....

• Members

Though this is a less than perfect solution, they have an easy remedy.

1. Bring Alistair back.

2. Question why he looks like John? Confirm that he shares DNA with John. He is a brother/twin brother that somehow John either never knew about, or had a falling out with long ago. The 'never knew' is the best gambit, because then even Alistair can be free of duplicity in the sense that he didn't deliberately conceal his Abbott origins.

3. Then (easily done, since we didn't know buffoon Alistair well), have Alistair revert to his given name (James Abbott), and rapidly morph into John's personality.

4. The Abbotts invite him to live in the mansion, and soon Uncle James becomes the moral conscience and voice of wisdom.

We'd see James...but we'd all know it was really John.

That simple. Sure, it is a bit of a junky move...but I think it would be as forgiveable as having MAB walk out :-). (Though I'd love that with a passion).

Archived