Y&R: Week of February 16, 2009

• Members

Y&RWorldTurner - you and me both! I can't stand Cane and Lily... they have to be the most boring couple on any show!! I just don't buy the whole great love - there's no chemistry there! I like Billy and Chloe and would much rather have it just be the two of them because Cane and Lily bring down every scene!

And about the Emmy... if that doesn't go to Crystal Chappell (Olivia, GL) then there is no justice in the world!! :D

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meanwhile, no Jeffrey/Heather for 20 episodes, no Devon for 25 episodes.....

My question is.... if they decided to keep Doug Davidson (since he was, as reported, on the verge of firing was well as Diamont), why aren't they giving him any airtime? He had one appearance in February. Is it really that hard to write for him?

• Members

I see that spoiler as Cane being more spiteful than heroic and thinking little of the baby.

I just don't get the Lily love. Cricket, I understood as a big case of nepotism, but why does Christel Kalil's Lily have all the boys falling for her?

I actually don't see much story for Lily and Cane past the next few months. Their fans want them to be happy so they'll be happy and then what? Cane wants a family now. Lily is 21 and hasn't even graduated from college, so if they marry them off, then what?

That's why I say marry them off, give their fans the big wedding and happy ending and send them on their way or at least backburn them. The real drama is surrounding the Billy character with Chloe, Sharon and potentially Mac back in his orbit if the DNA tests prove Jill is not Kay's daughter.

• Members

In a word, yes. Paul is a dud. Has been for years. I maintain that MAB made the wrong decision when she chose to kill Brad instead of Paul. There was just as much story potential with Paul's death as there was with Brad's.

I agree that Cane & Lily are the epitome of boring. Cane had been growing on me lately, but his self-righteous attitude topped with the Cam Mathison-esque screaming in today's episode just grated on my nerves like no other. One step forward, two steps back.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode, though the Billy/Sharon

was spoiled for me. Toups says it's a good one- and with Y&R on the roll that it's on, I have no doubt.

• Members

Yes, I remember... but especially during the Brad storyline, J.T. talked to Paul on the phone in a few episodes. Why couldn't we have seen him then? It's a minor thing, but I'd be happy to see the character.

Maybe he'll get his now that MTS is back. ;)

I guess they thought---Brad was on for 22 years, and Paul was on for 31--so maybe that had something to do with their decision.

Plus, maybe they've decided to "save him" because Lauralee might feel some day that the time has come for her return.

• Members

Not a big fan of Colleen, but after today they do seem to be making an effort to write her a story and putting her into the thick of things. I like Maria Bell, but I really have to question why she puts so little effort into creating story for some very good actors while propping shall we say adequate actors.

Maybe it is just a money thing and some veteran actors who cost a bit more are getting minimized while other veteran actors are getting the play. She definitely favors the Newman, Abbott, Chancellor family actors. I can understand that but it kind of stinks if you are a talented vet who is not part of those families.

At this point, I don't think we'll be hearing much complaining because those vets are probably aware they can easily go the way of Don Diamont and Brad.

• Members

Not a problem for me, since those families were at the core of this show for most of its run.

Katherine and Jill were long overdo for a creative and storyline renaissance, maybe that will work its way around to other character, but for now, I'm enjoying seeing an 80 year old and a 60 year old on a lot. With age becoming more and more of a taboo on TV, I'm glad I'm getting as much Kay and Jill as I can get. Storylines for the supporting characters can come later.

The Newman's and Abbots are never going to be backburned, we have to deal with it. Also, since Ashley and Billy were reestablished back into the canvas over the past couple of months, it was expected they'd be back at the forefront right now.

It's false, I haven't seen that any place credible, the last spoiler that is...

• Members

But of course! I didn't think their love scene was too bad it was just way too choreographed for me. Fans who love them really had reason to love the scene. I have not seen Sharon Case really give her all to a love scene for a while. Some of those old Shick love scenes were pretty good. I do understand that the Shilly scenes tomorrow are pretty good. I did not mean to slam the actor. She has the ability in her. I would like to see some of it back on my screen.

The show seems to have pumped up the sex and romance on the show so I am not sorry about that one bit.

Co-sign on this post. I want to see the Shilly raunch. :P

• Members

Colleen gets Brad's vacant seat on the Newman board? LOVE it. This is a good direction for her and with Jack coaching her on the sides, this will make for an excellent twist. Really digging her these days and hope she puts a roadblock in Victor's plans

• Members

I like that Katherine and Jill are getting so much story. They deserve it. As for stories for other supporting characters how long is long enough to wait for a story. Lauren and Michael are over two years without their own story. Time for the writers to throw them a story bone for a couple months. Have their kid sick or Michael have a health issue. Give them a bit of drama to play. The actors and their fans deserve it.

The core families don't have to be backburned to allow other characters some story. They just don't have to be on four or five days a week for months and sometimes a year. Nikki has had reduced time as has Victor a bit, but Phick and Shick go on and on.

I am hoping this Sharon story spins her away, a bit, from this never ending triangle. They just need to make a decision on this triangle and separate Phyllis, Nick and Sharon from replaying the same scenes over and over again. Then reuinite Lily and Cane, give them those big romantic scenes their fans want and backburn them.

Voila, you can then give characters like Lauren and Michael, Nikki and Paul with their new relationship, the Winters etc two or three days a week for their own story for a month or so. This way all the fans are relatively happy and most characters get some significant play. Many of the supporting characters are getting story. I just want Lauren and Michael added to the rotation.

I don't need to know that most on this board are fine with Likey being used exactly as they are. I just don't want to see Tracey Bregman or even Christian Le Blanc (because he is too expensive if not a lead) become like Don Diamont because they have no story. I think people would be sad to see them go and by then it would be too late to do anything about it.

Archived