GlobalTV.com Y&R Episodes:

• Members

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to view The Y&R Episodes on globaltv.com and I can't, it says this is only available to residents of Canada, I'm sitting here in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada... and for all the shows all the eps everything, I have this problem. I know for awhile Americans were able to view them, which as far as I'm concerned is incredibly unfair cause Canadians cannot view the US shows on their network websites. I thought finally this was fair... but apparently it ISNT BECAUSE ITS TELLING ME IN NOT IN CANADA!!

Is anyone else having this problem?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am from Winnipeg!! It is happening with all the Global programs as I just tried to watch Bones. Guess it's time to flip over to CBC.ca and catch up Corrie. Later today I'll send them a complaint as my mom will have to retape Y&R on CBS as my plan was to catch Friday's show online.

• Members

Badzoe I will also try to find a way to contact them... I tried their viewer hotline but it didn't seem too helpful... please let me know who you contact and I can try also!

They banned it in the US because its the same as when Canadians try to watch American programming on the website, it says you have to be from the US... besides if Americans could get it a day ahead, why would tehy watch CBS? Ratings would plummet!

Please let me know if anyone notices any other developments on this. They're probably just having trouble with their IPs identifying who's from where. If they notice a big drop off on ppl watching the vids they'll realize this too.

• Members

LOL...we knew they'd close this cross-border leak.

I'm actually glad. I was getting addicted to the Friday day-aheads...but that was spoiling my experience for the Monday HD broadcast on CBS...so it is all good.

It shows me the COMMERCIAL (ahh...Grand and Toy...how I miss that store...it used to be my favorite growing up in Canada...), but then says I can't watch the show. Too funny!

Archived