All: SOD 2/10/09 Issue...

• Members

sodcov1.jpg

sodbackcov.jpg

Sigh, GL, that picture of GA (back cover of SOD) is fug and they probably spent a weeks budget on it.

LATE BREAKING NEWS

GH Actresses Dropped - Leyla's dead. Nadine is off contract.

DAYS: Hope Shoots Kayla!

Trouble in "Zen" Paradise on AMC

Y&R's Brad is Missing

B&B's Stephanie Learns The Truth

OLTL: Todd Confesses!

Alan Confronts Beth on GL

ATWT: Katie's Baby Battle

ABC Items:

Young PAS alums Heidi Mueller, Lindsay Hartley and Danica Stewart have all read for the part of AMC's Hillary.

AMC denies that D. Canary has been dropped to recurring.

AMC has been trying to coax one actress into extending her contract, reportedly it's not happening and she may be gone as early as this month (February).

C&G: L. Koffman, who has never been on contract with AMC, is out in early Feb. - blink and you'll miss it.

GH is in talks with T. Pelphrey but not for the role of Sonny's son. Another show wants the GL alum as well.

Rachel is coming back to Llanview. OLTL is looking to recast. Disaster is heading her family's way.

A big-name veteran actress from another network wants on ABC. Is there room or money for her on any of the ABC shows?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I pretty sure that the picture of Phillip on the back page is a paid ad.

The last of annoying Night Shift 1 characters are just about gone. I wish they would bring back the original Leo Julian. He was hawt.

As much as Nick ticks the hell of out of me, he and Sharon are a pretty couple who have some seriously hot love scenes. I might just watch their steamy love making.

• Members

Young PAS alums Heidi Mueller, Lindsay Hartley and Danica Stewart have all read for the part of AMC's Hillary.

Anyone BUT Danica Stewart. She was so bad. Lindsay as Hillary...ugh.. why not...What's next? Molly Stanton as recast Colby? As for the actress leaving, I think it's TB.

As for Leyla...well.. bye bye...who's next? LOL.

• Members

This is exactly what I predicted would happen. The Lisa de Cazotte era has begun at AMC and she's going to bring all her talentless Passions buddies with her. Apparently de Cazotte loves Danica Stewart.

If she sticks around Mackenzie Westmore will be the female Ryan Lavery six months from now- shoved down our throats pretty much every damn day.

• Members

After 39 years of watching soaps I am used to that. All of the writers and producres always bring their faves with them to another show. Some worse than others.

I remember when Doris Quinlan took over The Doctors she hired Nancy Pinkerton, Doris quinlan, Katherine Glass, James Storm and others that she had worked with on OLTL.

When the Pollacks went to GH they hired Gerald Gordon and Anna Stuart from their Doctors days.

Look at Gail Kobe and Pamela Long who hired almost the whole cast of Texas to work on Guding Light at one point.

H. Wesley Kenney hired his old friends from his Days years when he moved to Y&R - both in front of behind the scenes.

So it is just part of it.

• Members

Oh I don't have a problem at all with people bringing their friends with them- if their friends are talented. From what I understand Lisa de Cazotte is an extremely nice lady, but she is clearly one of the worst producers in the industry for focusing on T&A rather than talent. That might work out at NBC shows but the AMC audience won't be so receptive I don't think.

• Members

Gossip Item.

West Coast triangle is playing on-screen. One actress in the triangle is taking it way too seriously, becomes very upset when the script calls for tension between her and the guy.

Editors' Choice: Missionary Men, OLTL (David and Jared)

POTW: Laurence Lau, ATWT

These Nick/Sharon pictures are really purty. I think I'm going to have to watch the purty.

Feature Articles

Tuc Watkins

Jon Lindstrom

And a good article on sizzle becoming fizzle during soap jumping

Hot Shots of Steve Burton and Billy Miller, very, very purty.

Archived