Kick in the Pants

• Members

Let's face it- every soap needs some fresh blood; a kick in the pants every now and then. My question to all of you is what actor/actress would you bring on to your soap to give it some life? I'm not talking about bringing people back or recasting old characters. This would be a whole new role, just to spice things up. What unemployed actor would you like to see mixing it up with the cast of your favorite soap?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC:

I'd like to see Lisa Peluso show up as a rich businesswoman who buys half of an ailing Fusion and starts feuding with Erica. She tries to turn Erica and Kendall against each other, and begins dating Jack and Adam, just to further poison the well between herself and La Kane.

GL:

Helen Gallagher plays Trudy Bauer. Rick treats her in the hospital without initially knowing who she is, as she's been estranged from her family for some time. Her stern daughter, played by Anna Stuart, and her troubled grandson, played by Sean Kanan, soon follow her, and Rick tries to bring the family together while ruminating on his own broken Bauer ties.

• Members

Days:

Victoria Wyndham as Lenore DiMera. A bitch you love to hate who can go toe to toe with Kate, Marlena, Julie just to name a few. Out for revenge on her brother Stefano for destroy most of her precious son (Andre) adult life and altering his face.

Hunt Block/Ty Treadway as Felix DiMera. Stefano's baby brother who has a secret past with The famous Julie Williams (A backstory, telling Julie's life after she left doug and before she returned to Salem solo in the early 1990s)

Anna Stuart as Mona Winograd-DiMera. She is Felix's wife and turns out she is Kate Roberts sister who hates her very much and will do anything to reveal Kate and Stefano's true secret: He's Billie's father!

CarlD I love your idea that would be so great. Erica needs a frenemy right now. Brooke is gone, Mary Smythe is only back for a few days, Barbara is gone, Natalie is dead, Alex and Anna are elsewhere, etc.

• Members

I love the way you think Neil Curtis- all would be superb on DAYS, especially my Anna Stuart. And CarlD2- I can't tell you how much I FLOVE the idea of Lisa Peluso on AMC as a rival for Erica.

I myself would love to see my Marcy Walker on either ATWT or OLTL, moreso OLTL so she could be reunited with A Martinez.

I also think that Louise Sorel would be just divine on Y&R in any capacity. I'd LOVE to see her go toe to toe with Jess Walton and Judith Chapman.

Finally I'd really like to see Robert Tyler (ex-Trucker, LOV) join ATWT as a love interest for Carly. Tyler & West would be SMOKIN!

• Members

I'm glad others like Lisa Peluso too. I loved her on Loving and AW, even if the OLTL stint wasn't great.

I'd love to see Robert Tyler on ATWT (they'd probably be tempted to put him with Noelle Beck) and Vicky Wyndham on DAYS. She was offered some bit role she turned down, right, just some dignitary who was killed off in gunfire?

Marcy Walker is one of the best soap actors around, especially with good writing. I keep hoping something can lure her back to daytime.

• Members

Hell Imagine, Marcy Walker blowing into Genoa City at the abbott mansion and announce to Jack, Ashley, Traci, and Billy: "Hello, I am your sister, Lindsay Abbott" That would be just awesome reuniting her with Peter Bergman (AMC) and Eileen Davison (Santa Barbara). Great Abbott storyline and she knows all about Ashley not being a bio Abbott. bring her mother played by: Linda Dano, Lousie Sorel, Judith McCormick, or Constance Towers

• Members

Certainly a plausible idea except there already has been a Lindsay Abbott...Lindsay Wells Abbott she was briefly married to Jack and blackmailed Jill on behalf of Kay. She was played by the fabulous Lauren Koslow from '84-'86.

Absolutely. Joan is a very underrated actress. Her best work, if you ask me, have been the few times she's been able to have a comedic role. That's the only reason I think Alexis worked on 'Dynasty', Joan played her with a light comedic touch. Alexis was wicked, she was naughty, she was clever, she was melodramatic but most of all she was funny. That role worked because fans actually rooted for Alexis, not to win, but to keep on keepin' on.

She would be absolutely fabulous on B&B as Jackie Marone's mother...very similar looks to Lesley-Anne Down (how lucky for Lesley-Anne), she can bring the camp and the emotion. Plus, she worked opposite Susan Flannery in a mini series in the 1970s so she's already got that on camera chemistry set!

Seriously, Brad, give Joan Collins a call, she lives in Sierra Towers, a short jaunt to CBS...she'll sign on, she likes to work. Do it!

• Members

When Joan was on GL, I hoped they'd land Diahann Carroll (who also lives in Sierra Towers ;) ) or Shirley Bassey to play Alex's biracial half-sister, Victoria Spaulding. Victoria was played by Kim Hamilton in the '80s, but they killed the character off when her daughter Vicky came to Springfield.

I would like to see Victoria Wyndham on OLTL as a complex, lethal (maybe even mental) first cousin of Dorian and Addie. I'd like to see her breeze into town with a kid or two and have an awesome short stint that would shame the Santi and Montez s/ls. Would love to see her target Viki (for whatever reason) which would lead to Dorian siding with Viki to take down her own kin.

• Members

I think you mean sister, darling.

:lol: And, yes, I would so watch. B&B and Alexis! A match made in heaven. I also would love to see Stepahnie Beacham (Sable Colby) on B&B again. Just because she is equally as fabulous as Joan Collins.

Archived