Y&R: Katherine Chancellor On the Shrink's Couch

• Members

"When you think of The Young and the Restless’ Katherine “Kay” Chancellor, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Is it her fiery take-no-prisoners passion? Is it her unsinkable resilience? Could it be her sharp tongue or trademark short blonde locks? I think we can agree she embraces all of these qualities. But at the same time this “Duchess” can be incredibly vulnerable, sensitive, and arguably the most self-destructive leading lady in daytime history. How can all these qualities exist in one person?....."

So begins Damon " Soap Shrink" Jacobs as he begins to analyze 'Daytime's Greatest (and Most-Self Destructive) Dame' in this in-depth look at Katherine Chancellor, Jeanne Cooper's brauvura creation since Y&R debuted in 1973. Her battle with alcohol has been momumental--but what kind of an inner life drives Katherine to....

http://www.marlenadelacroix.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damon Jacobs and Patrick Erwin are terrific, terrific additions to that site. Patrick has his own independent blog too, and he is funny and insightful.

Honestly, I had forgotten that Kay had so many *issues* (since she is now the ballsy broad and purveyor of wisdom), but she is and has always been a mess! Damon has a very nice historical recapitulation of Kay's many foibles!

• Members

Thank you! I am so proud to have Damon and Patrick work with me. Understanding (for example, Damon's wonderful exploration of Katherine's pysche), great writing and independent thinking is what we all strive for at the site. Glad you like us!

Marlena

Archived