OLTL: Let's recall some past characters.

• Members

Wanda was one of the greatest characters ever on soaps period. Marilyn Chris was such a great actress. Pity that OLTL didn't realize what they had with her.

They never really attempted to even build up a family around her that I remember - just some convoluted thing when the Buchanans came on to make her Asa's cousin - but never really capitalized on that.

When the Wolek family played out with her only being an in-law too - she just faded away.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Harry O'Neill

Anthony Makana

Ted Clayton

Johnny Drummond

Wade Coleman (and how he saved Viki from being cremated alive)

Roberta "Tiny" Coleman (and how she cleared Tina of Maria's death)

Tom Denison

Mari Lyn Denison

Patrick London

David Renaldi (loved me some David and Jenny)

Alex Crown (until he was murdered and became Sloan Carpenter)

Rob Coronal

Aristotle Descamedes (played by Steven Hill) - I still remember his crush on "Dori-anne" :P

Melinda Cramer

Mario Corelli

Ivan Kipling

Ina Hopkins

Katrina Carr

Marcello Salta (it's been long enough...the show can rehire Stephen Schnetzer as a new character) :lol:

Gretel (Rae) Cummings

Mimi King

Heron (Viki's butler and husband of Madge the Palmolive lady) :lol:

Kim (Viki's nanny)

Echo DiSavoy

Drew Ralston

Drew Buchanan

Chuck Wilson

Ben Davidson

Sam Rappaport

John Sykes

Roseanne Delgado

Leann Demorest

Duann Demorest

Elizabeth Sanders

Lee Halpern Denison (the actress has been playing Marty's nurse)

Donald Lamarr

Colin McGiver

Troy McGiver

Roger Gordon

And I have a soft spot for Piccolino, the Italian giant Tina met while she was disguised as a nun, trying to find her baby Milagro (aka CJ). How he cried when she left and gave her the bleeding heart flower. "Il cuore di sanguinante."

• Members

It seems like no matter who was writing the show (lets forget Dena! lol), they always managed to create interesting, compelling characters. I think that is one of the reasons why Ron can bring so many characters back and they all seem to merge so well with the current characters.

Oh, and I so miss Wanda. But if I remember, it was her decision to leave. So that can't be blamed on OLTL.

• Members

Carla/Clara Gray

Spring Skye

Lee Halpern

Laurel Chapin

Maria Roberts

Delilah Ralston Buchanan Buchanan Garrettson

Patrick London

Marco Dane

Kerry Nichols and Friends

Gretel Cummings (1989) (not Linda Dano, but the second actress who played her at Viki's 25th high school anniversary)

Cathy Craig

Joanna & Lord Henry Leighton

The Sanders Family

The O'Neill Family

Echo DiSavoy

Mimi King

MOST MEMORABLE CHARACTER NEVER TO APPEAR ON-SCREEN: Irene Manning

• Members

Oh, dear, where to begin, lol.

Cassie Callison

Herb Callison

Rob Coronal

Melinda Cramer

Marco Dane (my ALL-TIME favorite OLTL character)

Mari Lynn Dennison

Tom Dennison

"Diane," who was released from prison w/ Dorian

Rafe Garretson

Megan Gordon

Sarah Gordon

Michael Grande

Carla Grey Hall

Lt. Ed Hall

Becky Lee Hunt

Dr. Ivan Kipling

Mitch Laurence

Patrick London

Tina (Clayton) Lord

Gabrielle Medina

Didi O'Neill

Allison Perkins

Ruth Perkins

Delila Ralston

David Renaldi

Maria Roberts

Jon Russell

Elizabeth Sanders

Lee Halpern Sanders

Pamela Stuart

Brad Vernon

Samantha Vernon (adored the way she'd call Asa "Mr. B")

Virgil, the angel, played by John Fiedler (sp?) from "The Bob Newhart Show"

Jenny Wolek (my favorite OLTL character, next to Marco)

Karen Wolek

Dr. Larry Wolek

Wanda Wolek

I also remember someone w/ the name "Hortense" (?), played by Uta Hagen, as well as Christine Ebersole's character, whose name I'm blanking on at the moment.

• Members

I LOVED Jamie & Elizabeth Sanders, and Allison Perkins and her poor mom!

When did Niki Smith stop wearing wigs with long red hair?

Has anyone mentioned Tracey James or her sometimes-henchman whose name, I think, was Stick?

Or the character Rick played by Richard Grieco?

Or the young girl named Mary (I think) who Dorian took in, was blackmailed by Jamie Sanders, and ended up falling out a window during a struggle with Cassie?

Sophia (Pellegrino?) Loved her... great actress and the only character who actually made Antonio tolerable.

Mel Hayes and his daughter Dorothy

• Members

THANK YOU for bringing up Tracey James and you beat me to it!!!! Loved the storyline involving her. She was the psycho nurse (or hospital volunteer, can't really remember) who developed quite an obsession with Dr. Larry Wolek. So much to the point that she cut the breaks on his wife Laurel's car which resulted in her dying in a car crash. She also attempted to kill Cassie by tampering with a stove so that it would release carbon monoxide in her apartment. She stabbed Viki's therapist, Dr. Polk, in the back (literally) and Viki was arrested for the murder. Good stuff back then.

• Members
Kerry Nichols and Friends: One Life To Live's lame attempt at a rap storyline. Kerry Nichols, Miles Lewis, and Yusef (forgot his last name) were the players. Also, Kerry's father, Troy Nichols, girlfriend Rika Price, Rika's sister Sheila Price who dated Kerry's father Troy.

• Members

Leo Cromwell and his daughter Christine Cromwell who developed a crush on Wade Coleman. Also, Billie Giordano (Wade's skanky ex-girlfriend played by actress Lisa Peluso). Cyndy London (sister of Dr. Patrick London and Kate Sanders' best friend), Frank O'Neill (Harry O'Neill's brother), Clover Wilde, Jinx Rollins, and wacky Alex Olanov.

• Members

I remember in the 80's everyone was criticizing GL for having Reva Shayne so obsessed with marrying Lewis men, and would be Lewis men....Billy, Kyle, HB, Josh.

Meanwhile, Delila Ralston flew under the radar when she married THREE Buchanans...Asa, Bo and Rafe. :D

Archived