SOD Editor explains cover choices

• Members

If they get 1,000 protest letters, but they sell 10% more copies at the checkouts...nothing will change. It truly is about who sells them the most issues. Obviously this is both because of their share of the sales price, PLUS the extra ad revenue they get for boosted circulation.

Poor SOD... The scent of death is in the air. They are forced to show us their desperation on a weekly basis. "Please buy, please buy".

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I cannot blame them for putting out what sells the most, isn't it funny how whenever Eric Braeden is on the cover, they make it a point to list his name on the cover? That is clearly one important condition Braeden has demanded. If it's just him on the cover, you'll see his name. If he's on the cover with Nikki or Jack, they'll be sure to included "Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott". And not in tiny writing either.

• Members

I keep getting e-mails since I cancelled my subscription offering an on-line version delivered as soon as it hits the stands for $10.95. They aren't asking me to renew my print version. I wonder what kind of changes they will have to make to stay in business? If the soaps are doing drastic budget cuts, surely they must be effected by them too. Carolyn Hinsey being fired from editor at Weekly couldn't be the only change SOD/SOW needed to make for budgetary reasons.

• Members
I have a subscription and keep getting my issues later and later, last week I didn't get the Dec. 2nd until Monday so everything happened the week before. I called and complained and the lady sounded like she was fielding calls from her home and didn't really get what I meant when trying to explain the late delivery at first. At the end of the call she laughingly said "We have on-line version that would get to you before the print version in the mail and you don't want that?". I told her that I didn't want that and laughed again and said "Ok", to bad my subscription doesn't run out till 2010; of course I only paid about $12 for 2009 and $12 for 2010...... <_<

Archived