Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

AOC has made some early missteps (more like, verbal faux pas) but I said before and I say again, I intend to reserve judgement because when the work of actual governing begins, people often turn out to be more pragmatic than they may appear as candidates.

When HRC ran for the Senate, people made all types of judgements of who they thought she would be and I see some similarities, tbh in how Republicans viewed her.  In the end, HRC was quite pragmatic in her governing style, seeking to help decent legislation along that actually had a hope of passage.  Much to the NY state legislative opposition, she was not some raging harpy looking to burn everything down.

I'm going to go on ahead and guess that perhaps, just maybe AOC may want to pass an actual piece of legislation, rather than dig in her heels and not have anything meaningful to show for it legislatively, a la Bernie Sanders.

• Members

Her mistakes were more than verbal, like following Bernie's lead on stuff like Sharice Davids. But she's come a bit further since then and I was pleased she backed off blowing smoke against Pelosi. As I've said she can either rise high or burn herself out, but she has a huge spotlight now and a lot of opportunity. She is also the right's latest female/non-white boogeyman.

• Members

Ugh, I forgot about that one.

Fortunately, it seems that most women politicians tend to leave the petty behind, so I don't expect Sharice Davids to be carrying a grudge for twenty years like the GOP men who have gone after HRC year after year for decades.  

Like I said, governing is different from campaigning and both Davids and Ocasio-Cortez are just starting their governing careers.

• Members

What kind of "steak" do they think inmates are having, exactly? And do they realize that inmates often have to pay for most of what they have? I'd love to see these hack journalists eating the "steak" that you get in prison.

The media in this country is disgusting. Many people on the left, the right, and in the middle know this. There's a reason why Trump's attacks on them resonate as much as they do. 

• Members

When you put it that way, it's no wonder that people have tuned out of networks and onto Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.

I feel really good about the fact that I never bothered to watch The Apprentice and thanks to my inconsistency in watching SNL over decades, I thankfully only heard about his appearances on SNL.  Not even Lester Holt can get me to watch their evening news.

I remember watching clips of Matt Lauer's treatment of HRC during that town hall.  I think I could only stomach two debates because I didn't really care for most of the moderators in 2016.

If this is the case, I really don't know what there is for the networks to ponder.