Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was clear to me dear. I know you're not a supporter of his. You have every right to speak whatever opinions you hold. never let anyone tell you different. 

this is already the most scandal ridden admin......and the prick hasn't even taken office yet.

• Members

This article (warning: lengthy-so read when you have the time) serves as an interesting follow up to a lively conversation I had a month or so ago with another member on this board about the MS-13 gang and their suspected connection to the tragic deaths of some teenagers (all of Color) in a section of Long Island.

It confirms some history that I already knew and mentioned- that in essence, they are an American-made gang that was exported to El Salvador through deportations of criminals released from Los Angeles prisons.  Also that those fleeing El Salvador's violence from the gangs (of which MS-13 is one of the most prominent, others were started in the wake of M-13) comprise the ranks of those unaccompanied children as well as women and children fleeing to the U.S. via the Mexican-U.S. border in recent history.

One thing I didn't know is how poor these gangs actually are and that extortion, not drugs are their main source of income. They are feared, of course by their local communities as they make good on their threats to "Pay or Die" but internationally they don't compare to the Mexicans, the Russians, the Japanese or even the Italian mafia in terms of financial heft.

Also the small number of MS-13 that exist in the U.S. are a self-autonomous collective.

Here's the article to anyone interested in reading. One teenage gang member, who could neither read nor write, offering an interview for his anonymity and breakfast (which he shared with his siblings) strikes me as almost pitiable.

Killers on a Shoestring: Inside the Gangs of El Salvador

ETA: I do not condone what these people are doing in any way. These gangs are destroying their communities with their brutality and lack of regard for human life.

I do think that if the government itself were less corrupt and if education and the training of people to acquire self supporting skills were a serious option, the ranks of these gangs would be thinned by a large margin.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Wall Street at record highs as techs, energy stocks rally

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-idUSKBN13G198

While all the three major indexes have rallied since the U.S. election, technology stocks had held back the S&P and Nasdaq as investors poured money into sectors such as financials, industrials and energy, which are seen benefiting from President-elect Donald Trump's policies.

• Members

Is this supposed to be some longterm good news? Of course the energy and financials stocks have soared. De-regulating the financial industry and basically dismantling every policy the EPA has enacted is a dream come true for these businesses.  I'll remember this when the financial industry crashes like it did in 1929, 1987, and 2008.

• Members

What a nightmare, thinking of what this clown is going to do to the environment.  It's sickening.  You would think of all places, Michigan voters would have rejected Trump on that issue alone.  

It's scary to think just how fucked up Mother Earth will be once Republicans get going.  There's nothing to stop them, at least for the next couple years. 

• Members

When did science become a partisan issue? 99.9% of the scientists around the world say it's real, the Pentagon has said it's the biggest threat to out national security but somehow it's partisan. If anything you would think that the more intelligent member of the party would give a damn about their children and grandchildren and not the almighty dollar,