Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm one who's been of the belief we have been on that path for sometime now(diminishing superpower). It's happened to countries like Great Britain and France. China has become more innovative, more intellectually superior, they have better education, they are producing the top STEM students in the world, and are very close to topping the size of our economy. The people who voted him in don't care about us being a superpower or having international presence and influence. In fact they believe it's the most Anti-American aspect of the current United States. Take all that in. It's true.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I cried last night, but it was a quiet cry. I am now crying, and it's ugly. I'm also fighting bronchitis which has gotten worse over the last few days, and I feel like all my coughing is gonna result in me vomiting. Sorry if that's too much information. I guess if that happens, I can at least go home... 

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

We will persevere. It's hard to have faith and courage but we all have to keep motoring on. And maybe this is a lesson to all of us to not take our democracy for granted. We survived 8 years of Bush and granted it's not really the same, but in some ways it is, the way people really embraced an intellectually unchallenged leader, an idiot really. The difference is I believe George Bush was a well intentioned idiot who loved America yet surrounded himself with corrupt greedy people. This is someone with no moral compass.

• Members

We do have to go on. The problem is not all these idiots will die out in 4-8 years. We have to mobilize, and yeah, we have to re-radicalize in some ways. It is now officially time to go further and more stridently to the left, IMO. You cannot win these people, you can only destroy them - or turn the rest with strength.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Totally agree and they have really no idea what the responsibilities of being a superpower consists of. Well neither does our President Elect. Fact is we won't be. My original point was I think no one country stays in that position forever. And it's really China not Russia infiltrating on our leadership in the world.  They are doing much of what this country did after World War 2 that led us to be the leader of the world. Well except for freedom and democracy.

White women and those college educated men that were allegedly with Clinton. Oh and the Bernie Bros. The white women hurts me the most. I didn't believe my sisters were so stupid and would choose misogyny over freedom and independence.