Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman!

Cheap21

• Members

Beyonce: 'I want to be Wonder Woman'

Beyonce Knowles has revealed she is in talks to be the first black star to play Wonder Woman.

The singer has met with bosses at DC Comics and Warner Brothers to discuss making her "dream come true" to become the first black star to portray the superhero in a new movie.

Beyonce said: "I want to do that type of movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?

"I love Wonder Woman and it'd be a dream come true to be that character."

Beyonce says she is keen to appear in an action film following harrowing roles as heroin addicted soul singer Etta James in Cadillac Records and a Diana Ross-type diva in Dreamgirls.

She told the Los Angeles Times newspaper: "After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero.' Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy."

She added: "I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume. The way that Lynda Carter wore it, she was sooo fine. She was amazing. Her waist was unbelievable. Her proportions were actually pretty crazy."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/ne...jectid=10542357

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived