Y&R: Role recast

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This could happen too! (Thanks Valerie Bertinelli!).

What he brought was (a) likeability, (B) realism (e.g., his delivery of the "can I go to my room?" line yesterday was PERFECTLY adolescent), and © enough vague physical similarity to his predecessor and his family that--if you suspended disbelief--you could buy him as having had a ridiculous growth spurt after a summer away.

Is he replaceable? Sure! But Y&R's track record with the under-20 set has been...spotty. Therefore, since he is good (and is likely to get better over time), I wish we could see him inhabit this role for 3 or 5 years or whatever. But, if he goes, we'll tolerate the next guy...and hopefully he'll "click" too. As the sole "mature" (read: speaking) heir to the Newman Dynasty (i.e., the first post-Nick/Victoria/Adam offspring to come to young adulthood), this is a critically important role for the show.

• Members
Does it really matter what term I use? Whether the terms fans or viewers are used, they are one in the same. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't cry myself if KS were to leave but he does a good job at being a teenager and he is likable in the role. I've not seen many fans having a fit because HA was let go and the character was sorased, since KS has started. Therefore, this was a successful recast.

Archived