OLTL: Weekly Discussion

• Members

I was waiting for you to comment. Now my day is complete :) You know I think you totally rock.

I am right there with you about the Marty thing. I'm not really caring for her right now. I don't know, I like the Todd/Marty dynamic but I think its starting to get old. Cole needs his mother back so she can adopt the baby.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Glad to be of service and back atcha. :wub:

I don't know what it might take for me to actually care about Marty. A personality maybe. She is such a Suzy Sunshine. And I just don't care enough about Cole that I think that would do it for me. I am open to her. I have no strong negative feelings about the character. I am just so firmly neutral I don't know what could make me invest in her.

ETA: I absolutely loved Tina and Roxy today. I wasn't all that excited about Andrea Evans return, and I still don't get what the big deal about AE is. I just don't think she's a very good actress. Sorry guys. But I loved Ilene's Roxy today. Loved that she was all pissed off about Natalie not being there when her "mom" and her brother needed her. And I also loved how even in the middle of her panic attack, Roxy sensed something was off and had Tina pegged from the get go. I hope their friendship isn't derailed by all this, because Tina and Roxy could be a LOT of fun down the road.

• Members

FINALLY Jared suspects Tess.I was wondering before how he could instantly figure out that Jess was faking when she was pretending to be Tess last year but couldnt now with the roles reversed.

I wonder if this story will change Blair's atittude towards Marty. The main reason why she's hated Marty all these years was bc she blamed Marty for Todd's "death" back in the mid 90s and later blamed Marty for being responsible for keeping Todd from her and her family. Now roles are resolved and Todd is actually responsible for keeping Marty dead and from her family. I wonder if this will finally redeem Marty in Blair's eyes and get her to let go of her anger towards Marty now that they are "even" so to speak

• Members

If you guys love Dorian as much as I do, this site is for you. This is my new message board for the relationship between Dorian/Langston, Robin/Brittany are great. I thought it was time for a board like this, since the SL is taking off.

So pease join and contribute to this site! CLICK HERE?

• Members

Good episode yesterday. The Tina/Natalie scenes were stand-outs for me. Carlivati has really saved the character of Natalie by giving her some snark, humor and vulnerability. Last year, I was all ready for Melissa Archer to get written off the show ASAP.

Finally Tina gets a conscience. This story was backing her character into a corner. And I'm glad Viki will be back next week because she has been missed.

Jared finally inherited a brain cell! Three cheers! I don't want Tess to go, though. :lol:

Adriana and Roxy going toe-to-toe was great, and I loved Roxy "busting out all of the big guns" i.e.: those weird troll dolls.

Marty and Todd had some great scenes but I got majorly skeeved out by the kissing at the end. I thought Da Kiss was a one-time thing only? And the music in their scenes isn't romantic, it is sinister and echoes with foreboding. Are they going to stretch this out until November, though? Because this story needs to go someplace. Todd has been talking about taking Marty far away for weeks now.

I was just thinking... that CC might have been a better Rebecca recast than a Marty -- given that Reiko Ellsworth is unlikely to return to Daytime anytime soon (more's the pity. She was incandescent as Rebecca and would have made a viable love interest for Todd again).

P.S.: OLTL is killing those outdoor scenes. They are the best I've seen on Daytime. Marty and Todd really looked like they are on some beautiful estate in Pennsylvania (and given Todd's money, that is not a stretch). And the best part -- being outdoors was not a distraction. No shaky camerawork (like on GL) and the background noise is not so loud as to divert attention (like on Y&R or B&B). They didn't have to redub their voices like in the scenes between Billy and Chloe on Y&R, for example. Beautifully done, and I'm really surprised because I just assumed ABC would do a rotten job.

Archived