• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please register in order to view this content

Image courtesy of Texas Facebook group

I'm a terrible spelling, so I am the last one who should criticize, but it never ceases to amaze when newspaper editors can't get an actor's name correct (Zaslow not Vaslow) .

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's a good guess. I just checked AWHP.  Jeb first appears in October 20th, and on October 17th Eliot calls Dennis to tell him that he's alive, then he premieres on screen a few weeks later.

MZ would have been a good Eliot, because he would have been a formidable player in Iris's triangle.  Daniel Davis was not a large enough presence, even as opposed to Bert Kramer.  Iris may have had a “type” after Brian Bancroft and Eliot (brainy, not brawny), but I picture her as more suited for an even more charismatic guy. 

I always think back to that scene of Eliot slapping Iris when he found out that Alex was Denis's father.  Davis played that with such a manic energy that it seemed cruel and humiliating.  Whereas, I think MZ could play intense anger from a more internalized and darker place without needing the physicality. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Daniel Davis is a good actor, but was horribly miscast as Eliot. His interpretation of Eliot was completely different from that of the former actor, James Douglas.  Zaslow, although not a great choice for Eliot, would certainly have been better than Davis and could have played the role more similarly to Douglas.   

• Members

I think Zaslow would have also been more believable in the triangle with Denis and Paige, because I never understood what Paige saw in Davis's Eliot.  I mean, the character was a mess overall because his backstory with Barrett got rewritten as often as John Black in DAYS, (okay that's a bit hyperbolic, but you get my point).