AMC: Susan Lucci's 10,000th episode

• Members

But we haven't had a good flashback episode on the show in AGES. They've fallen out of favour. Pheobe's funeral was an exception--but even the last anniversary ep, as great as it was, had all of 4 mins of flashbacks. (I do cherish my DVD-R colleciton fot he I Love Lucci marathon but...) I don't think havign an episode of Erica being tender would repre4sent her 10,000 episodes on the show very well...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha I feel like i'm in the minority as someone who feels flashbacks aren't done enough now for anniversary episodes (it was great that OLTL finally got a real anniversary but instead of all those "tribute storylines" I woulda killed for just ten minutes of OLD flashbacks--Erica has been around since AMC started giving us the chance to really show how she, and the show, have grown and changed--not, sadly in the past ten years, for the better)

• Members

I know, I'm not saying that I'm against flashbacks period, it's just that I'm going to be really disappointed if it's an hour of the same old flashbacks any casual AMC viewer would already be familiar with. You are right, I shouldn't expect that Erica would have a quiet, tender Vicki Wyndham's 25th anniversary-like ep. Erica is ERICA!! after all. But I remember that ep where Erica got the 19 bouquets of roses like it was yesterday, and that scene was sooooo sweet I got a big ol' lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. It was so casual, yet extremely touching ("19's always been my lucky number...") That's what I mean by tender Erica, like poignant ways of remembering this woman many of us have loved for years and years now. So if they go all flashy, I just hope that they take a few moments to bring it down a bit and give us some sweet moments talking to Myrtle and remembering Mona for example. I also think it would be lovely if Julia Barr could come back to share a scene but I know that's asking a lot. And PLEASE, let them go easy on the Jack. Am I the only one NOT rooting for them to get back together?

• Members

It would be hilarious if erica threw a party and all of erica's lovers, boyfriends, and ex's showed up. Even the dead ones.lol I think something like this was done years ago but it would still be hilarious. It would also be interesting if they did a Scrooge type show with different paths erica's life could have taken such as what if she raised kendall instead of mona giving her up for adoption? What would of happened if she didn't make it into modeling? What would the world be like without lakane? something like that would be interesting to me.

• Members

Not at all Eric! :lol: For example, I could watch Viki and Dorian flashbacks for weeks, it's just that I've had my fill of Erica and the grizzly and her hotel suite pillow fight with Adam. The modeling stuff was covered beautifully on I Love Lucci. Now if they had their crack research team really dig through the archive and give us some rarely seen/almost forgotten stuff, that would be awesome.

• Members

Now that would be fun, something OTT and hilarious with slices of poignancy complete with a bunch of cameos and great flashbacks would be awesome. It would be really cool to see "The Three Faces of Erica" or something like that, who she'd be now had her life gone in different directions... a grey-hared Dr.'s (Jeff) wife/modern day Ruth with a bunch of grandkids, an Opal-like delusional trailer trash climber, or a respectable Rachel Cory-type who married rich and became a total sweetheart and perhaps those unfulfilled dreams of stardom drove her to alcohol, I dunno, something fun and creative.

• Members

Dimitri! Dimitri! Come on back to the 5 and dime now!

Okay, I know that'll never happen, but I'd rather watch Erica and Adam enter a deranged marriage than see Erica back with Jack. Depending on what the future holds, if Susan and David stay with the show on a limited basis into their Phoebe/Myrtle years, I think it would be a hoot for those two to marry and all of the Chandler/Kane madness would be under the umbrella of Pine Valley's mightiest two citizens. Gosh, can you even conceive of a farewell ep to Susan Lucci should she retire?? That just boggles my mind. I wonder if cancellation bite my tongue would come first.

• Members

Yeah I think when Erica was giving birth in the 80s she had a dream episode where all her dead lovers came back to life? I was shocked it wasn't part of the I Love Lucci marathon--I've never seen it but would love to. Something liek that would be fun, I agree.

SFK you do have a point--we've seen a LOT of those Erica scenes (add to that the Tom/Erica contraceptive confrontation) over and over--but there are more recent clips they've forgotten--her drugged up speedch high on pills, I guess theyd avoid any clips with old Kendall, but... But yeah--they probw ould show the same ones over and over

One very early Sopanet marathon was a week of Erica weddings I believe--sadly I missed it. I have seen thanks to youtube the 1978 marriage to Tom (which is just a brilliant episode of classic AMC all in all) and the 1984 shotgun marriage to Adam where she thinks he's flying her off to her movie role--and Virginia Graham is trying to break into the old Chandler place to tell her the truth which is hysterical--and I think they showed her wedding to Dimitri. Anyone knwo what the other two were?

• Members

Really? That's interesting, I'd love to hear what he said. He was on OLTL for all of a minute.

That ep where she dreamed of her former beaux was fun, I remember it in bits and pieces but what I remember even more was Susan Lucci's appearance on Oprah to promote that ep. I remember the promo was Oprah and Susan and Susan saying "and All My Men". They devoted the whole hour to her, and all of her guys were there seated on stage with Susan walking behind them one by one discussing their relationships. Oprah was very good to AMC, she did that great 25th anniversary ep too.

• Members

Didn't Mark La Mura speak out about how they treated Julia Barr??? I think that was it. I loved dimitri, but Michael Nader ruined his own career by trying to sue abc when they gave him several chances. Sadly I can only see Michael Nader as dimitri, it would have to take a very popular/great actor to take over that role for me to be okay with a recast.

Oprah played a character on amc for like a minute, thats why she partial to amc.

• Members

Oh if he was speaking out about Julia Barr then I love him all the more! Honestly, if Pratt somehow got her back to the show I swear I'd allow him any [!@#$%^&*] ups he might have for the next several years--I still miss her being on the show to a ridiculous degree (and blame her firing on Frons and JHC--not McTavish who always seemed keen to write for her--even if most of her stories for her were awful LOL).

LaMura was on OLTL for I believe *2* episodes. Under Higley so I was only watching somewhat but I caught him both times--he was a professor or somethign whow as attracted to Vicki and was in one scene VERY drunk which put her off. And then he disappeared--it seemed a misconcevied character (big surprise seeing whot the writer was) but I wonder if LaMura himself opted out or why it was dropped so suddenly. Apparantly he had a small role on Gossip Girl recently too.

I believe the Oprah special was for AMC's 20th anniversary--I have it on tape (one of the first soap tapes I got from a fan online back when i was 12 and fell so hard for AMC--in 92 or so way before easy to find soap forums or clips on youtube, lol--so seeing trhe cast from a year before Iw atched the show, old clips, etc was wonderful). the 25th anniversary got that week of flashback eps (where Ruth and Joe's new house was filled with so many returning AMC stars that many fo them only got one line of dialogue! lol) and then had a primetime special hosted by Carol Burnett. AMC was still truly ABC's, and barrign Y&R maybe all of soap opera's crown jewel. And then it all started to slip away (at first not in terms of quality fo amterial--I loved Broderick's era--but the ratings continued to fall during it).

*cry*

I gotta agree about Dimitri--though I found the actor who briefly replaced him appealing, the role was just too hard to recast. It was pretty ridiculous Dimitri didn;'t eturn for Edmund's funeral (then again that whole funeral--I still don't even really remember how or why Ryan's brother killed Edmund--I guess it was the tumour--was a mess) Sadly that was the final nail int eh coffin for Wildwind. I liked the idea of havign the young cast all live out at Wildwind--sorta a new boarding home (maybe Myrtle could start running it :P ) but it was never carried off well at all, then Julia mentioned openign a clinic there which never happened--I sorta though maybe Angie would open a free clinic there but... So I wonder if we'll ever see it again (are any characters living there currently?)

This is such a tangent but that's something I don't understand why Pratt or past writers take advantage of--Myrtle's boarding house. It's such a good excuse to have newbie characters interact in a way that feels realistic--*that*'s where Randi should be living (I know she briefly went to a shelter but where the [!@#$%^&*] is she living now? )

On Oprah's 20th special she clearly is a HUGE fan--she said she grew up watching the show and she knew her stuff. I doubt she watched much after that though (I wonder if Rosie O still does at all? I guess Carol Burnett kinda did at least till the babyswitch story--hence her cameo)

Archived