If Bill Bell Sr had watched Lynn Marie Latham's Y&R what would his reaction had been?

• Members

I always thought about this hypothetical situation. I can only imagine if Bill Bell Sr who gave his heart and soul to the Young and the Restless and made it the classiest best soap ever would think of Lynn Latham's Y&R. I just watched some old clips on youtube. I watched Y&R probably from 1990 to about 1993 religiously. I was so into the David Kimball storyline which was classic television and I love the Sheila storyline. Nobody can spin a storyline like Bill Bell. I loved the Y&R slow pace because it worked and Bell always climaxed it into a wonderful dramatic fashion after a few years. As Ed Scott said Bell never compromised on quality at the Y&R. I loved the way Y&R was produced with the close ups, the old fashioned music and everything that made the show so classy and great. Ever since Bell stepped down in 1998 the show started going downhill. Nothing ever went more downhill when Lynn Latham took over and destroyed it by firing all of Bell's legacy. She fired all the producers, directors,writers and brought all her own people. Bell ran such a great behind the scenes environment that these crew members never left. Latham literally took everything Bell did and trashed it with a faster pace that never works for Y&R, she also decided to make it more hip in her own eyes but wow she destroyed it. Now if Bell was alive and actually watched Latham's Y&R, what do you think he would have thought? OMG the man would be horrified what she has done to his baby. Do you think Bell was turning in his grave over Latham's Y&R?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dunno, Agnes Nixon was actually co head writer (and doing great stuff) with AMC in 2000 when Jean Passanante was starting her AWFUL, cartoony run and would become sole headwriter. I'm sure AGnes tried to lend her infleunce all she could without being headwriter (something she said she simply didn't have the energy for) and I know she hasn't owned her soaps for years so it's a bit diff but I'm not sure if Bill in his old age woulda been able to do what he wanted.

• Members

The sad part will never know for sure. TO me these reponses are the things we wanted William J Bell to think. Everyone keeps complaining of fire this person fire that person but when it happens our shows get worse. B careful what u ask for. THough imo I think Bell would be some what ok what LML did for Y&R, writing wise n e way. Again, like the rest of us, this is what I hope he would ay.

Archived