B&B: Pam vs Donna...Round 10!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How can anyone POSSIBLY think this storyline is/will be bad? I love it! Haven't you all been complaining that the show isn't "campy" enough anymore? Well it doesn't get much campier than this.

I think this is the storyline I've been waiting for since I started watching B&B!

• Members

I totally agree with you, JP -- but I feel like that's what GL and Days have been for the last six months as well. Just moments thrown together. I think OLTL, GH and Y&R are the only shows that are actually telling *stories* right now. Whether they're good stories or bad stories is another topic altogether. But they're definitely stories with a three-act structure to them, and appropriate fall-out that catapults the characters into their next storylines.

• Members

Hate it.

I just don't find Alley Mills' Pam Douglas thing entertaining. In fact it's borderline offensive (excuse the pun). If they hadn't tried to couch it in a genuine medical condition and she was just generic soap crazy it would be a little easier to swallow. I'm in a rare group who preferred the realistic, resentful Pam who laid into Stephanie for causing her to waste her life with Ann and was a caring, normal woman who threatened to go off the deep end. It was a much more interesting dynamic than having the entire cast pretend not to notice Pam gurning at Donna scene after scene.

Can anyone imagine Sheila doing this to Maggie in the 90s? This is not B&B camp. Some bright spark in the writers room was thinking about "honeybear" and came up with this. It might work on Nip/Tuck but not on this show. Particularly when it's had no build up.

• Members

Have we even found out what is exactly wrong with her? It's always...forgetting medication. But...what's actually wrong with her? I think I put up with this because I really like Alley Mills. I thought she was so endearing on TWY. I think there was a huge potential to have a sibling conflict between Pam and Stephanie. We've always had the guy version (Ridge vs. Thorne, Ridge vs. Nick), but we haven't seen much sister tension.

• Members

Bwahahaha! Someone had a Eureka moment in the middle of a writers meeting. "Ohh. Ohh (raises hand). You know how Donna's always ... okay, maybe not always, just these recent months, but I digress ... calling Eric her 'honeybear?' What if ... this is SO brilliant ... Pam ties Donna up, pour HONEY on her and then a BEAR approaches? This is like a totally GENIUS idea or what, right?"

• Members

LOL Exactly! And you just know they think it's irony! Self-congratulatory guffaws in the writer's room. Arse clenching embarassment in the audience.

Call me a fantasist, but I'm pretty sure they specified bipolar disorder among other things. Now I know that it can cause uninhibited sexual urges (hello B&B! Gold mine!) but trying to kill people with wildlife...not so much. I do like Alley Mills a lot but the sibling rivalry that we were promised with the initial confrontation and then after Stephanie's shooting was totally displaced. I don't really understand why Pam decided to transfer her hatred from Stephanie to Donna particularly as the first idea was the most interesting.

Archived