B&B: Ashley rumors addressed

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How can anyone say B&B is better off with the Y&R rejects? :blink:

The rewritten and recast Bridget, Donna, and Katie ALL suck bilge water...yet they are being featured front and center while B&B fan favorites are without SLs and IMO better actors are used solely to prop up their lame-assed characters! The ratings are in the toilet ...... and I have never seen a more resented and despised character ever on this show (even Amber Moore!) than HTom's Katie Logan! I do, however, lay it all that the feet of BBell ... any other HW/EP who was so proven to be incompetent would not still have a job. Isn't nepotism grand? ;)

• Members

That is a matter of opinion. Yes, Bridget has been rewritten and turned into an idiot, but that's not AJ's fault. I adore Donna and Katie and I would rather watch them than Brooke any day! And the ratings have declined because Y&R's ratings have declined. A lot of people only watch B&B because it follows Y&R (which has always been a much better show).

• Members

Actually...the argument that B&B followed Y&R in major market explained the ratings for a long time...however...lately they have not been following that trend at all. B&B had steadily been losing viewers with no real end in sight.

Of course, I can only speak for myself...but I am a B&B fan who watched from the beginning and NEVER watched Y&R during that time frame (I watched Y&R years ago but not since) and if you read the B&B message boards you will find many, many, many other B&B fans share my sentiments about Y&R rejects being foisted on us...to the detriment of the show and the characters who are the B&B fan faves like Brooke, Stephanie, and Nick et al! And the ratings prove it. I just think Bell and Company jumped the shark along the way ... and now don't know how to fix it!

• Members

This week on Y&R, Ashley was absent at a major Jabot shareholder meeting...even though Traci came in for the same one.

Ashley's absence, I believe, was explained by a business trip in Europe (right?). I found it odd that Y&R explained her absence but not B&B...unless I missed something.

Davidson doesn't seem to be angry, which suggests to me that a "handshake" must in place to secure her future at Y&R. She is probably grateful to Brad for rescuing her economically and emotionally after the Y&R dismissal, which is why she is not bitter if she is now "off the burner" until Y&R is ready. They must have an idea when they WILL be ready. I'm still thinking November/December.

Archived