All: The Worst Storyline Ever

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Oh wow.....there's certainly plenty.....but if I had to choose one.......hmmm......

Tom Langan's Garden of Eden. What was the purpose of that? It wasn't even outrageously entertaining and it didn't even have any scenes that made you (well at least me) say, "At least that was a good scene." I don't think there was even ONE good scene from that storyline.

• Members

I can't even call "The Goop" an actual STORYLINE.

I don't know. There are too many. I consider storylines to be something that last four-six months.

I think I gotta go with Toups. Garden of Eden was just... yeah. There are no words.

Passions stories shouldn't count. They're in their own category. That's too easy.

The worst story a soap TRYING for realism has done should be the amendment.

• Members

That was so painfully bad that I'd blocked it out of my head until quite recently. I was talking to someone from my work and we both realized that we used to watch Days of our Lives when it aired during the day on Channel 5 (now Five) in the UK. She was like "remember there was a man and a woman stuck in some Garden of Eden and people were having sex on submarines?" and it really just made me realise why DAYS didnt take off in the UK like SuBe (and to an extent, B&B) did...DAYS stories were pure fantasy, while SuBe and B&B were, for the most part (excluding the Rosario jewels) grounded in reality, yet things were totally over the top and the show clearly didnt take them seriously. What went wrong with DAYS is that they were putting out TOTAL fantasy but trying to get us to take it seriously, which is impossible when you're seeing the eternally shirtless Austin Peck standing around with nothing but a few leaves to protect his modesty while Julianne Morris fawns around him and gasps in fear of some woman in a bad snake costume.

The pain.

• Members

Reva and Josh traveling through time by walking through pictures was pretty bad

And any storyline involving Sheila after her original run on B&B...this would include her B&B returns from 2002 and 2003 and her Y&R returns from 2005-2006, and 2006-2007(even though it wasn't really "Sheila")

• Members

I wouldn't call that a storyline...a story has a beginning, a middle and an end, and therefore must have some sort of direction in order to get from beginning to middle, and middle to end. DAYS is just a series of random events, make out sessions and psycho stalkers holding the man she loves and three other people hostage in a hotel room for four weeks with no real consequence. That does not qualify as a storyline. Higley doesnt write storylines. She writes, to paraphrase Erika Slezak, plane crashes and hurricanes and other pointless events; things she thinks are interesting but nobody else does.

• Members

Can I also add Nick Marone and his Sonny Corinthos-esque seduction of the women of B&B...I mean he's had Felicia, Felicia's sister Bridget, Bridget's mother Brooke, Brooke's sister (therefore Bridget's aunt) Katie, not to mention Brooke's on/off husband's other on/off wife, Taylor. Who's next on his list? Phoebe? Steffy? It's ridiculous and directionless and pointless...typical B&B

I would far rather watch a farcial storyline if it's trying to further plot and character development and have some sort of effect than have a pointless series of dull romances that don't go anywhere or last.

• Members

I know people are gonna say unabortion on AMC and it's perhaps one of the more insulting stories but I think, because it was fairly brief and just more a story point it compares to many others I've seen.

Going back there were bombs liek Alien Casey on GH, Larry Wolek being controlled by a chip in his brain implanted by Ivan Kipling who now sported a bionic arm on OLTL, The Doctors and their grave robbing born plague, Rachel on AW having an evil lookalike who walls her up (this was aroudn the time one of the youth characters was starting to become a vampire--years before PC), etc... Often I think to it has to do more with the show--when AMC dabbled in a voodoo storyline partly because of DAYS success, or far worse had the Libidizone storyline (wow) they came off worse because AMC had to that point been more or less grounded in reality, unlike other soaps.

Archived