The Doctors

• Members

Thanks for reading. I thought Jody was a female too until I saw an interview or a quote from the actor in one of these. No other soap ever had stories about janitors working their way up, did they? St. Elsewhere did this with Luther.

Did you notice they completely excluded Ann Williams? How odd.

This may have been material from late 1969, if Lakin was still there, but I don't know when the exact dates would be.

I didn't know a lot of these actors too. You probably already knew this but I didn't have any idea that the early stories centered around the chaplain and that other doctor. I wonder why they were written out.

I hadn't seen Nick Savian before either.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can't find any info on these actors re The Doctors

Court Benson (he was married to Beverlee McKinsey in the 60's),Nick Savian,Greta Rae or Angus Duncan.

When the show was an anthology some interesting names pop up including Tina Louise,Jacquie Courtney,Dyan Cannon,Joel Crothers,Jessica Walter,Virginia Dwyer,Barbara Berjer,James Farentino,Patty McCormack,Doug Marland,Mona Bruns and Bonnie Bartlett and I'm sure that there were many more.

• Members

It's pretty crazy sometimes how you can find so little beyond Althea/Nick/Mike/Maggie/Carolee/Steve. You would think that's when the show began. I have some other dribs and drabs like a few names. They may already be known or in Schemering's book. I can't remember. Anyway I'll post them when I find them again.

• Members

After some sleuthing,i managed to locate a cast list from an old TV encylopedia,which may not be completely reliable.

Anyway,they have these actors listed for these roles

Court Benson-Willard

Greta Rae - Ginny

Luis Van Rooten - Simon Gross

Conrad Roberts - Ed Stark

This reference also lists Kathleen Murray as having played Maggie.She had played the title role in the 50's NBC soap 'Kitty Foyle' Could be a mistake or she might have been a temp.

• Members

I never got the opportunity to write something for Beverlee McKinsey or Michael Zaslow, but I really hope I will for Elizabeth Hubbard 'fore it's too late. She's among the last, remaining intelligent older actresses out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think the Ellen/Kate mix up was just a typo

Here's a 1970 cast list.

CAST:

Lydia Bruce as Dr. M. Powers

Peter Burnell as Michael Powers

Carolee Campbell as Miss Simpson

Zaida Coles as Anna Ford

C.C. Courtney as Jody Lee Bronson

Jami Fields as Penny Davis

Gerald Gordon as Dr. Nick Bellini