The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks so much for these Carl. Interesting to see that Darren Match and Jessie Rawlings are pictured, but play no strong part in the storylines.I wonder if there were plans for these characters,but the constant writer changes meant they were lost in the shuffle.

I thought that Dave Davis,Althea's first husband was dead,but apparently not.Also,prior to this I wasn't sure what happened to Stacey.

• Members

Thanks so much for reading. I will be posting more soon when I have the time, although they may not be in order. I also have a few from Daytime TV that are pre-SOD. FrenchFan probably covered that already but I don't think any have been posted in this thread.

I really would like to know more about Jessie Rawlings.

• Members

Carl,anything and everything you post is manna from heaven. Would love to see some synopses for other shows around 77/78.

Petronia Paley said in an interview that it was a contract role and was on for about a year but it must have all been hospital based stuff where Jesse was very much supporting.

• Members

January 1975 Daytime TV

Penny is found innocent when the real psychotic murder tries to kill Maggie and confesses to Morrison's murder. Nick and Althea tell Penny they will not remarry and Penny is greatly upset. Ann is in Africa and has contracted a strange disease. Steve and Carolee learn his former wife, Karen, is still alive.

March 1975 Daytime TV

Michael returned, but at the last minute, refused to tell who he is. Greta believes his spirit is in someone else's body, not realizing the man she saw is actually Michael. Margo returned from Hawaii, refusing to give Alan a divorce, but is taken sick and dies. Ann has recovered from her jungle illness but reporter Kitty Harris has been investigating it.

May 1975 Daytime TV

Toni and Alan were married in a small ceremony on Valentine's Day, although Toni is not aware her husband is still alive and living out of the country. Karen has regained her memory and has been pressing to regain custody of her son by Steve, Erich. Martha Allen is flattered by Ernie Cadman's attentions.

July 1975

Andy Anderson has been persuaded to record a record, but vows he will never leave med school since his parents worked too hard to help him. Karen is trying to win Erich over, to regain possession of him. Carolee was able to talk to Steve's step-niece. Mike has fallen in love with Dawn. Toni is overjoyed at the thought of becoming pregnant. Mike has decided to get in touch with his folks.

November 1975

Penny successfully came between Andy and Stacy and Stacy turned to Ricco. Ricco and Stacy have begun an affair. Penny and MJ have taken a room together, and MJ is trying to help Penny. Alan thinks Toni is still in love with Mike and is very hurt. Steve and Karen had a meeting about Eric, and Carolee is feeling more and more left out and is angry. Ann told Althea Nick still loves Althea.

January 1976

Although Toni lost the baby, she still refuses to give in to either of her "husbands." She is determined to be free an independent, at least until she knows what she wants for herself. Mona returned to town, and Ann moved in with her. Ann told Mona she and Carolee are now friends, and Mona has been working on a plan to help Steve and Carolee regain custody of Erich. Although Hank Iverson's paramedic unit is doing well.

March 1976

Erich has been undergoing psychiatric care, and both his sets of parents have been cautioned about what they say to him. Carolee and Steve have been having marital problems caused by the recent strains put on them. Greta is growing up and noticing boys, especially Billie Allison. this is causing pleasant concern for her parents. Althea has been dating Robert Wilson, whose wife is missing.

• Members

Good stuff....so Mona was out of the show for some time. Cast lists always have her on from 73 onwards but that doesn't tally with her being married to Winston and hailing from Boston.

Don't recall Mike being involved with Dawn.

Robert Wilson didn't last long-wonder who played him?