Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This was one of the few episodes where I heavily sympathized with Ali and the Spencers, instead of seeing them as grating filler. And i even understood Rachel's position. Even Jai wasn't completely vile.

So glad Georgia is finally gone. She left on a good note. I hope we won't see her anytime soon.

I'd forgotten how much I missed the Barton brothers together - they're all very different so when they are together you get a complete puzzle. Ross had some classic lines throughout the big reveal.

James is disgusting, blaming Emma for his adultery. I hate him.

Robert not texting Aaron to break the date was poorly written idiot plotting, but at least it believably helped set up Aaron's rage. Miller did a good job there. It felt like a real scene, as did the reactions in the pub, even if the injuries ended up being the usual fantasy soapland nonevent where James will be dancing a jig by the weekend.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I kept seeing fans insist they kill Betty to end her story, and I have no idea why. There's nothing wrong with a character leaving town alive. It means they can live on always.

Did you enjoy yesterday's episodes? Ross had a lot of good one-liners in the second one.

• Members

Betty is my favourite character on the show. No matter how long her absences have been lately, whenever she turned up she owned the screen. I also don't see what killing her will serve. If they do kill her, I hope she urges Victoria to find Seth's body in the woods so they can be buried side by side.

However, it is nice to see that Tilbrook is leaving on her own terms. Good for her.

Edited by Bright Eyes