EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's going to be tough watching Carol yelling at Jim and calling him a racist next week (which he was for a huge chunk of his life). I hear Dot kicks her ass out of the house after that. I feel very sad when Jim is on, John Bardon's health is obviously so poor - he can't talk and can barely move. It's going to be tough watching Carol go off on a fragile old man.

550w_eastenders_4091_1.jpg

550w_eastenders_4091_2.jpg

• Members

Carol and Jim were never close until recently. Carol hated him when he first came on to the show. I can't understand why Jim displaying pictures of her other children and not of Billie would offend her in this way. Billie was never close to him or other members of her family as Sonia, Robbie, and Bianca were/are. Jim basically raised two of Carol's children for years when she wasn't on the show, neither of which being Billie. Carol deals with her grief by taking it out on others, which makes it realistic, since many do that, but I have a soft spot for Jim and Dot.

Part of Jim's backstory was that he favoured some of the Branning children over the others. Max and Carol were the children he didn't favour. Jim's lasted on the show for so long without the other Branning/Jackson's, so I have a certain partiality to him and to Dot. He's not the racist prick he used to be, as evident by his close friendship with Patrick.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Looks like Kat's baby might die.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/158617/Eastenders-baby-heartache-for-2011/

She has horrible luck with kids. First she's raped by her uncle, and her parents raised her incest child as their own and force her to think of it as her sister, and she miscarried Anthony's child in 2003.

I could see a story like this getting under Kat's skin though and bringing back out her multi-layered personality. Things have never gone right in her life, and most of the times when she thinks she'll be happy, it never lasts.

Come to think of it, the way Kat was reintroduced with her hard personality, is similar to the way she was introduced in 2000. We didn't really get into her mind or under her skin until we found out about the Zoe/Harry stuff, and it took off from there.

• Members

If there is going to be a babyswitch, I hope Ronnie's baby dies and she steals Kat's somehow. This bitch screams desperation, but Kat, I just don't think would ever be so past it that she would steal another woman's baby. Of course, Glenda would find out and help her keep everything a nice little secret. :)

• Members

Today's episode was hilarious, and we needed a light bit of fun after the last week. Carol was still on moping about Billy, so they didn't gloss over it, but I enjoyed the banter and fights at R&R.

Oh, look, boring as hell Christian and Syed put in their token appearance for the month. :lol:

I saw the fun dimension of Kat that we really haven't seen since her return today. There was a certain Kat Slater glow from the early 00's present today. Her trading insults with Janine was hilarious. She was crazy to get into a fight while pregnant though, but she's never able to resist one anyway.

Poor Charlie and no one wanting to eat his food. :lol:

It's important to note that Janine was ALWAYS jealous of the Slater sisters and how close they were in the early 00's. She had several scuffles with Lynne at the cafe, Little Mo over Billy, and with Zoe. I think she always resented how close they were, when no one in her own family really gave her any attention. We saw that again today with Kat and Stacey teaming up against her.

Billy and Janine did always have somewhat of a friendship, and in a way, I can see why they supported one another tonight. They're both outsiders that people think of as pathetic losers.

Billy has really hit rock bottom after Julie dropped that bombshell on him. Perry plays a good drunk. You can't help but feel sorry for Billy, even when he's acting stupid.

I'm glad Janine called Roxy a pathetic fag-hag. There's a lot of women like her out there that get insanely jealous when their gay best friend brings along their boyfriend to an event. I'm not even mad at Roxy for spiking Syed's orange juice, he's boring as hell and needs something resembling a personality.

I thought Bianca rushing over to R&R just so she could punch Billy was pretty unnecessary, but at least it got Pat in the mix of things.

I have to say it again how much I love how well-integrated Pat is and how much she's used for various supporting purposes these days. It was great that Charlie left Lily with her. It's going to be great tomorrow to see her in prison with Stacey, Kat, Janine, and Kim.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Preview for tomorrow:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sucz4bg0rI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sucz4bg0rI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sucz4bg0rI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>