AMC: Wednesday, July 2, 2008

• Members

I thought all three actresses did a good job. I hate all things Fusion Women so I was prepared to hate Fusion's Angels, but I found myself actually digging it. I almost wanted them to actually kill Richie(off screen of course) then all three tell the cops that they were the one who did it. :lol:

For the first time since she came back in Janurary it felt like RB showed up for work. I can't stand the Greenlee character, but when she was going on about how hard the air was to breath...wow, I really felt that.

I loved the bit of "OMG that b*tch is crazy" AM brought to the scenes today. Of all three women Kendall is the one who I think would actually kill a man and I believed her when, after Richie telling Babe that she didn't have the guts to kill him, she told him that she did. That glint in her eye was delicious. And was it my imagination, or did she seem to stand up a little taller than normal? LOL. Did she get her spine back?

And AB was pretty good too. Of course every scene I see her in I think to myself that her name is Doreen. Because that ain't Babe.

My only lament is that Amanda wasn't included in on the fun. Story wise I get it, she really has no connection with Richie. But she could have been there for the innitial charge into the cabin, then when all of the knife play started she could have voluntarily slipped outside to stand watch/leave so she couldn't be a witness in case one of them really did kill Richie. Missed opportunities.

And while this is my very first post I would also like to say that I can already tell that I'm gonna love Carmen and Adam. That smile he shot her? DC is such a fox! A significantly older than myself fox, but a fox no less.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erica and sam were hot again. Get erica outta prison ASAP so she can find out how sam is gonna treat her out of a public place. :D Loved the end where erica was lying to jackazz about having a boring time with sam in lock-up, that hefer was lying and she would of slept with sam if they weren't in a public place. :lol: Loved carmen's scenes with adam, she is going to have so much dirt on adam it ain't even gonna be funny. :lol:

• Members

Kendall/Babe/Greenlee/ = Erica/Skye/Janet. Anyone else get those vibes? I didnt care for those scenes. I thought Kendall was over the top and she's the only one I didnt buy today of those 3.

Loved the Erica/Sam stuff. I saw some chemistry there

• Members

Yes. A curly haired vegetarian bean pole with a knife.

Unpopular Opinions.

Alicia Minshew is not a strong actress, so anytime she has to show any emotion other than sarcastic or bitchy, she's incredibly over the top. When she's portraying "vulnerable" she shakes and gulps a lot. When she's "panicked" she repeats a character's name sixteen times: "Zach? Zach? OMG! Zach? Zach? Are you okay? Zach? Zach? Zach, speak to me!" or "Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, don't! Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, come back! Ryan, Ryah, no! Please, Ryan! Ryan!" And let's not get started on the "cough-crying."

Billy Miller is just... okay. I wish he'd quit talking through his teeth. I also wish he'd stop "pretending" to be Richie and start ACTING like Richie. Trust me... there's a difference.

Rebecca Budig is limited and sorely overrated.

Babe is NOT some complex, multi-layered character. I hate how people are confusing the bubbly, commercial-friendly perkiness of Alexa Havins as being Babe. But of course, that's my opinion -- which means nothing since I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I mean, if I did, then I would've been blaming Amanda Baker for the haphazard way she edited herself into the main title sequence last fall along with all of the true Babe Lovers/AB haters.

• Members

Yeah, I got the Erica/Skye/Janet vibes too and this version pales so much by comparison!

Babe & Greenlee were OK in these scenes, but Kendall went way too far over the top and sadly Alicia just kept repeating the same lines without hitting the emotional mark.

This was the first time I saw the chemistry between Sam & Erica. I wouldn't mind if this evolved into a triangle with Jack.

New Colby is awful, isn't she? I really miss AC. I thought the actress playing Colby's new friend (sorry, can't recall the character's name) was pretty good.

Carmen & Adam were funny together. Their banter reminds me of Palmer & Myra so I hope Carmen stays in his employ for years!

• Members

I agree.

i agree. I like both of them - i really do - but nither can carry the show, and botht goether cant carry the show. they both can play the same role very well - snarky, bitchy, ott, selfish, whore. anything beyond that is.. no. Sure, both have had great emotional moments, but overall they are just not soap opera leading ladyness, and i wish AMC would stop trying to force it.

Yup.

Baker actually wasnt *as* horrid as i figured she would be so i was kinda pleased by her to be homnest - but shes still a horrid miscast.

• Members

Rebecca Budig, Amanda Baker, and Alicia Minshew's acting was on fire (in that order)! Rebecca of course was dynamite IMO. She was the acting queen in her scenes. Amanda Baker actually surprised me too. She was her best yet as Babe. Alicia - I love that girl - and you could tell she tried. She was the last one to go with her knife torturing tirade. She should have been first and let Greenlee go last. Alicia was good - there were a few lines she delivered flawlessly - and her eyes were on point. But as R Sinclair mentioned - she did have her bad moments she's known for. All in all though - impressive scenes and great episode!

Archived