GL: July discussion

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^^ I haven't watched every episode every week in quite some time, so I wasn't sure if I missed Remy and Ava gettin together or what. But I do remember seeing in one of the mags spoilers - SOD or SOW that Remy and Ava were going to "get closer".

I was thinking that it would be revealed he was the sperm donor.

• Members

I agree, it's really great right now...I like where they're going with Dinah/Bill and how it parallels Alex/Alan's relationship. I'm enjoying Josh starting to pursue Reva, who is moving forward with marrying Jeffrey, and wondering if this will lead to a Jeffrey/Cassie reunion. I like how Daisy and Grady's relationship is causing all sorts of drama with Daisy's family and the Foley brothers (I just wish they weren't totally doing a Jonathan/Tammy forbidden romance redux). I can even tolerate these visions Alan's having of Gus because I like how it affects Alan and Beth's relationship, as well as Lizzie.

The show is sorely lacking a young heroine in her late twenties or early thirties...maybe Marah Lewis or Lucy Cooper, someone a little older than Marina and Lizzie, and bring in Alan-Michael Spaulding (the last guy who played him was okay, I'd accept him) to go up against Bill.

• Members

I could not agree with everything you said more.

GL was officaly put back on my daily tivo list. (it use to be only on thurs so i could keep up).

And i think Marah and Alan-Michael are exactly what GL needs. That late 20/early 30 thing. They can easily mix it up with the mid 20's and the older group. Actually, a Marah/Alan/-Michael hookup could be intersting if the casting was right.

• Members

Hawk to Reva (about a reunion with Josh) : I have a feeling in my bones

Reva : I'd say you have osteoporosis.

LOL :lol:

IA that the Ava/Bill/Remy/Lizzie story is pretty good. IMO, all four players have made this story very watchable, even MRS and LSV! Even though her baby outcome was predictable, I like the dynamics/bones of this story.

I like Reva with Jeffrey, but having Josh finally come to his senses and trying to win back his "true love" is very watchable.

An A-M and Lucy/Marah etc is a good idea. I think fans would embrace them alot sooner than these pathetic, greasy sociopaths known as the Foley brothers. I just can't get into that story. There's absolutely no chemsitry between G/Gillespie/Grady and Daisy. NONE. He comes off as a pedophile, not someone that is truly in love with a girl at least 10 years younger than him. And having Cyrus being the morally-upstanding Foley brother is just laughable. There's nothing redeeming about this character - there could have been 6 months ago with his relationship with Marina - but now? Nada.

Overall, the show is better than it has been in recent memory. But then again, that's not saying too much IMO.

• Members

For once I can say that I am enjoying the Josh/Reva story and the Ava baby storyline.

I remember when Bill told Vanessa that Ava had gotten a sperm donor, and simply the look Maeve Kinkead gave MRS's Ava was the best acting I had seen on the show in ages!

Small scenes like the one between Mel and Vanessa make me yearn for the days when GL was GL.

• Members

Something's up with this show. And that's a good thing. I think some of the changes alluded to before are starting to take place. Like someone said before, I don't think the teams are in place yet, but I wonder if these are some of the shows where Bloom told EW to back off and just produce.

• Members

IA, Michael. Maeve Kinkead is sublime. I loved her the minute she came roaring into Springfield, and still love her. I wish they would give her something meaty to sink her teeth into - like last year in the breakup scenes with Matt. She was great in those shots. And I really like the actress playing Mel and don't understand why she's not used more. I think she's a very capable actress and could handle whatever DK threw her way.

sungrey - I'm wondering that too. Hopefully Bloom grew a pair and told EW to stick to producing. One can hope. IA there seems to have been some changes made to the storytelling.

Archived